Overall: 6-3 (0-0 NEWMAC)
Scoreboard: No. 21 Amherst 78, Emerson 65 | Boston, Mass. | December 2, 2017
Tufts 71, Emerson 67 | Boston, Mass. | December 6, 2017
Emerson 88, Curry 66 | Milton, Mass. | December 9, 2017
Schedule: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at Lesley, Cambridge, Mass., 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 16, 2017 at Gordon, Wenham, Mass., 3:00 p.m. | Live Stats
BOSTON - The Emerson men's basketball team heads into its final week of action before the holidays eyeing a pair of wins in a pair of non-conference road matchups. Starting on Tuesday night, the Lions make the trip to Lesley with an 8:00 p.m. tip-off and close out their 2017 schedule at Gordon in a 3:00 p.m. contest.
A WEEK IN REVIEW
- Emerson capped off the week with a record of 1-2 through three games to move its overall record to 6-3.
- The Lions welcomed No. 21 Amherst to Brown & Plofker on Tuesday night to start the week off and found themselves on the other end of a 78-65 setback despite a team-leading 22 points and three assists from senior Michael Sheng (Altadena, Calif.).
- Junior Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) posted a double-double of 19 points and 14 boards in Thursday's matchup with Tufts, but the Jumbos registered a 19-3 run in the final eight minutes of the second half to edge out the Lions, 71-67.
- With the help off Gray's 27 points, 17 points from sophomore Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) and additional 16 from Sheng, the Lions claimed its sixth win in an 88-66 road win at Curry on Saturday.
- Emerson's matchup against Gordon on Saturday afternoon will be the Lions final non conference contest of the season.
- The Lions finish the remainder of its 2017-2017 schedule with NEWMAC matchups, starting with a home meeting against Coast Guard on January 3 to kick off 2018.
LIONS WITHIN THE NEWMAC
- Four Lions find themselves ranked within the top-10 of their respective offensive and defensive categories including Gray, Sheng, O'Connor and junior Will Lantier (Centerport, N.Y.)
- Gray finds himself in the top-10 of six NEWMAC categories, including points per game (2nd-21.3), rebounds per game (3rd - 8.1), total points (1st - 192), rebounds (1st - 73), free throw percentage (6th - 84.8%) and assists per game (T5th - 4.4).
- O'Connor ranks within two offensive categories consisting of points per game (6th - 17.2) and total points (T5th - 155).
- Sheng comes in the top spot with a stellar 94.6% on the free throw line and sits third in assists per game (5.2) and 10th in steals per game (1.4).
- Lantier continues to impress on the defensive end, blocking an average of 1.1 shots per game (5th).
SCOUTING THE LYNX
- Lesley has posted an overall record of 4-5 through its first nine games and is coming off a 61-46 setback at Suffolk this past Saturday.
- The Lynx average 64.0 points a game with a field goal percentage of 43.5% and converts 31.2% of its shots from the three-point line and 53.8% on the charity stripe.
- Lesley also pulls down 34.2 rebounds per game along with being credited for 13.8 assists.
- Leading the Lesley offense with double-figures per contest is Xeo Golding, who puts up 13.2 a game and Joey Martin following with 13.0.
- On the defensive end, Golding averages .9 blocks a game with Martin grabbing 7.1 boards per game and Wil Gibson being credited with 3.6 assists and 1.6 takeaways.
- The last matchup between Emerson and Lesley came last season on December 6, 2016 with the Lynx topping the Lions at Brown & Plofker, 83-78.
SCOUTING THE FIGHTING SCOTS
- Gordon, a member of the Commonwealth Coast Conference, holds a 2-4 record with a record of 1-2 in conference play and is coming off a 79-75 loss to Becker on its home court this past Saturday.
- Before the Fighting Scots take on the Lions, they will head down to Providence, R.I. to meet Johnson & Wales on Tuesday night.
- Gordon has posted 87.0 points a game through its first six contests converting 45.7% of its shots with a 38.5% from downtown and can 67.6% from the free throw line.
- Eric Demers anchors the Fighting Scots with 20.8 points a game and averages 2.2 steals, while Garrisson Duvivier collects 14.5 points and pulls down 10.0 rebounds.
- Jaren Yang leads the team with 4.3 assists per contest and Parker Omslaer blocks 2.0 shots a game.
- The meeting between Emerson and Gordon will be the first matchup for both programs.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS