Scoreboard: March 24, 2018 l Springfield 11, Emerson 3 l Springfield 4, Emerson 0 l
Schedule: March 27, 2018 l Emerson at US Coast Guard Academy l 3:30pm
March 30, 2018 l Emerson at Fisher l 4:00pm
March 31, 2018 l Emerson vs MIT Doubleheader l 12:00pm, 3:00pm
BOSTON - The Emerson Lions Baseball Team looks to earn their first NEWMAC win when they take on the COast Guard Academy Bears and MIT Engineers with week, with a non-conference games atainst the Fisher Falcons in between the NEWMAC matchups.
EMERSON IN THE NEWMAC
- Neil Perry (Middleboro, Mass.) , Henry Schwartz (Queens, N.Y.), and Jack Fox (Los Angeles, Calif.) are all top five in the respective NEWMAC categories.
- Neil Perry is fifth in the NEWMAC in batting average, touting a .394 over his ten games.
- Henry Schwartz is fifth in the NEWMAC in strikeouts with 18.
- Schwartz and Jack Fox are tied for fourth in the NEWMAC with one save a piece.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Coast Guard comes into the week with a 6-4 record on the year and an 0-2 record in the NEWMAC.
- The Bears won their most recent matchup against Albertus Magnus, 6-3.
- Luke Thompson leads all hitters in the NEWMAC with a .513 batting average.
SCOUTING THE FALCONS
- The Falcons have a 14-13 record since September.
- Since the start of March, the Falcons have a 6-7 record.
- The Falcons have outscored their oppoenents since September 158-134.
- Fisher won their most recent game agaisnt Rivier of the GNAC, 9-2.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
- MIT comes into the week with a 4-4 record and a 2-0 NEWMAC record, tying them for first in the conference.
- Matt Johnston is third in the conference with four home runs.
- Dual threat Garrett Greenwood is fourth in the NEWMAC with a 2.31 earned run average and second in the conference in steals with seven.
- The Engineers beat Saint Joseph's 9-4 in their msot recent game.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS