Score: Clark 13, Emerson 5
Pitching Decision: W - David Davidoff (1-0) l L - Jack Fox (1-6)
Records: Emerson Lions (7-19, 1-12 NEWMAC) ; Clark Cougars (18-9, 10-4 NEWMAC)
Location: Brockton, Mass. (Campanelli Stadium)
Date: Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
The Lead: The Emerson Lions baseball team dropped a NEWMAC game on saturday to the Cougars of Clark College 13-5 at Campanelli Stadium.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Zach Kelley was the leader for the Cougars. Kelly had five RBIs on three hits with one run score himself.
- Chris Radovic had three RBIs himself on three hits with two runs scored.
- David Davidoff earned the victory in relief for the Cougars with 1.2 innings pitched. Davidoff surrended one hit and struck out two batters.
- Jack Fox (Los Angeles, Calif.) took the loss for the Lions with seven innings pitched and six earned runs. Fox struck out six Cougars.
- Joe Paladino (Bedminster, N.J.) and CJ Rogers (Guilford, Conn.) each had two hits for the Lions while Cam Beattie (Gilbert, Ariz.) and John Gabert (Bedford, N.H.) each had two RBIs.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions and Cougars were stuck in a pitchers duel in the early parts of the game.
- The Cougars struck first in the top of the second inning, scoring on an error by the Lions and a fielders choise brought home another run, giving Clark a 2-0 lead.
- The score remained 2-0 into the bottom half of the seventh inning when the Lions' bats came alive.
- A Joe Paladino single brought home Joe Jacobs to cut the lead to 2-1.
- Cam Beattie came up and hit a double over the right fielders head into the corner, giving the Lions their first lead by driving home Pablo Feldman and Joe Paladino.
- John Gabert next tripled over the center fielder's head to drive home Cam Beattie and Dylan Scarfo (Upper Montclair, N.J.) opening up the Lions lead to 5-2.
- In the top of the eighth, the cougars roared back by scoring 10 runs. The inning was led by a Zach Kelley bses clearing double which opened up the score to 12-5.
- The Lions were unable to overcome the deficit, and fell 13-5.
- Emerson takes on Gordon tomorrow back at Campanelli Field with a 3:30pm start.
- Clark will also play non conference on Wednesday, taking on Rivier at 3:00pm.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS
- Stay updated on all things Emerson baseball and follow the Lions on Twitter and Facebook at Emerson College Baseball, along with Instagram. Also be sure to tune into Emerson Channel Sports to catch the Lions in action and follow Emerson Athletics on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.