Score: Gordon 7, Emerson 2
Pitching Decision: W - Drew McCormack | L - Jake Mitchell
Records: Emerson Lions (7-20) ; Gordon Fighting Scots (14-10)
Location: Brockton, Mass. (Campanelli Stadium)
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
The Lead: In a non conference meeting with the visiting Gordon Fighting Scots, the Emerson baseball team fell 7-2 under the lights of Campanelli Stadium on Wednesday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
IN THE BOX
- Three Lions collected hits including seniors Joe Jacobs (Concord, Mass.) and Tim Quitadamo (Worcester, Mass.) and freshman Dylan Scarfo (Upper Montclair, N.J.) with Jacobs also plating one run and driving in one.
- Addison Tarr paced Gordon going 2-for-4 at the plate with two runs and one RBI and Daniel Quint had a pair of RBIs while going 1-for-3 with a run scored.
ON THE MOUND
- Mitchell pitched 5.2 innings in the loss as he surrendered six runs on six hits while he walked four and fanned two batters.
- McCormack allowed just one run on two hits through his seven inning outing for Gordon while striking out nine Lions and walking four.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the home half of the first frame, Emerson grabbed the 1-0 lead after freshman Ryan McCahan (San Jose, Calif.) grounded into a fielder's choice that allowed Jacobs to plate.
- Gordon used a three-run top of the third to propel themselves ahead at 3-1 behind Quint's triple into the right, a wild pitch and an RBI double from the bat of Erik Gauer.
- Joseph Mack smacked an RBI triple into the left center gap followed by a Brad Welch's sacrifice fly allowed the visitors to put the score at 5-1 to start off the four-run sixth.
- After extending their lead to four, the Fighting Scots tagged junior Tim Mainella (Dover, N.H.) with another pair of runs on a double and error with Gordon ahead 7-1.
- Jacobs smacked the second Emerson run into right in the home half of the eighth to bring the Lions within five at 7-2.
- Emerson takes to the road tomorrow night for a non conference rematch at Rivier at 7:00 p.m.
- Gordon steps back into CCC play on Saturday, April 21 at Roger Williams at 12:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS