Score: Gordon 11, Emerson 9
Records: Emerson Lions (6-24) ; Gordon Fighting Scots (8-23)
Pitching Decision: WP: Noah Henkell (2-1) | LP: Noah Zimmerman (0-1) | S: Hunter Routhier (1)
Location: Wenham, Mass. (J. Tec White Field)
Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
The Lead: The Emerson baseball team held an early three run lead only to watch Gordon put nine runs on the board within the fifth and sixth frames and shouldered an 11-9 setback to the Fighting Scots in non conference baseball on Wednesday afternoon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
Josh Cohen: 2-for-4, one RBI
Ryan McCahan: 2-for-5, double, one run scored
Cam Beattie: 2-for-5, one run scored
Ethan Young: 2-for-4, double, two runs scored
CJ Rogers: 1-for-3, one run scored, stolen base
Pitching: Michael Logerwell - 4.2 innings, four hits, five runs (three earned), three walks, six strikeouts
Zimmerman - .2 innings, one run, two walks
Trip Rams - .2 innings, two hits, three runs, one walk, two strikeouts
Brian Fisher - 1.0 innings, one run, three walks
Rory Tettemer - 1.0 innings, one hit, one run, one walk, one strikeout
Christian Hodge: 2-for-5, double, triple, five RBIs
Daniel Quint: 1-for-4, two runs, four stolen bases
Five Fightings Scots with one hit apiece
Pitching: Henkell - 3.2 innings, five hits, three runs (two earned), one strikeout
Routhier - 1.0 innings, one walk, one strikeout
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson jumped on the board early, scoring a pair of runs in the top of the first frame and then one more in its half of the second to snag a 3-0 lead over Gordon.
- The score remained scoreless for the following two innings before the hosts plated five runs in the bottom of the fifth, which was capped off by Hodge's two run triple, giving Gordon the 5-3 edge.
- The Lions answered in the sixth with three runs on three hits to push back in front, 6-5.
- Gordon knotted the score at 6-6 in its home half of the sixth before Hodge roped a bases clearing double into center as the Fighting Scots jumped ahead 8-5 and added one more in the seventh to grab a four-run lead.
- Emerson battled back to trail by one behind a three-run eighth inning only to see Gordon add two insurance runs in the bottom of the eighth, which sealed Emerson's 11-9 setback.
- Emerson is back on the field on Thursday, April 18 in an afternoon single game against Curry at 3:30 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS