Score: Springfield 80, Emerson 60
Records: Emerson Lions (8-7, 2-2 NEWMAC) ; Springfield Pride (9-6, 3-1 NEWMAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Junior Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) led all scorers with 19 points, adding eight rebounds and six assists over 38 minutes of play.
- Senior Michael Sheng had a strong performace alongside Gray with 12 popints, five assists and three rebounds.
- The Pride had five players in double figures, led by Jake Ross who powered out a double-double with 18 points, 11 rebounds, and four assists.
- Andy McNulty scored 14 points and added secen assists and one rebound for the Pride.
- Heath Post, Brandon Eckles, and Kevin Durkin each had 15, 10 and 10 points respectively.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Emerson and Springfield were knotted in a back and forth affair throughout the first half, with multiple lead changes and ties.
- A layup by Heath Post with five minutes remaining in the first half put the Lions down three.
- Andy McNulty tied the game witha layup for the Pride with 1:03 remaining in the first half.
- Sheng hit a three-point shot with :52 reamining in the first half to see the Lions go in with the lead at 39-36.
- With 15:21 left, the game was knotted at 43, but Springfield went on a 18-3 run to open up a 15 point lead with 9:56 remaining in the game.
- Emerson continued to fight, cutting the lead to 13 points with 5:34 reamining but were never able to close the gap.
- The game ended with a final score of 80-60 in favor of the Pride.
- The Lions will look to rebound from the tough loss and take on WPI at 5:30 PM at Brown and Plofker on Wednesday, January 17th.
- On Saturday, January 20th, they take on Wheaton at 3PM directly following the Women's game at 1:00pm.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS