Score: Boston University 94, Emerson 57
Records: Emerson Lions (0-1) ; Boston University Terriers (1-1)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Sunday, November 12, 2018
The Lead: Junior Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) paced the Lions with 22 points against the Division I Terriers, who outlasted Emerson 97-54 in regulation.
BY THE NUMBERS
- In addition to his 22 points, O'Connor added a three rebounds, two steals, one assist, and one block. O'Connor scored on 3-7 three pointers and hit all five of his free throws.
- Freshman Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) reached double figures in his first ever collegiate game, scoring 13 points while adding four rebounds and one steal.
- Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) opened up the season with a ten point performance on 5-15 shooting from the field and six rebounds.
- Boston University had three players in double figures, with Jordan Guest, Jack Hemphill, and Fletcher Tynen scoring 15, 14, and 14 respectively.
- Hemphill was the lone player with a double-double, grabbing 12 rebounds to compliment his 14 point performance.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Boston University jumped out to an early lead, hitting the first three shots of the game which were all from beyond the arc.
- Emerson scored two of the next four baskets, cutting the lead from nine to seven.
- BU closed out the half strong and had Emerson down 27 at the break, with a score of 57-30.
- The Lions played a stronger second half, keeping the Terries lead where it was.
- Emerson was outscored 37-27 in the second frame, leading to a 94-57 loss against the Division I opponent.
- Emerson returns to action on Tuesday, November 13th against the Fighting Scots of Gordon College in their home opener at Brown & Plofker Gym. The game starts at 7:00pm.