Score: Gordon 105, Emerson 85
Records: Emerson Lions (0-1) ; Gordon Fighting Scots (1-0)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
The Lead: Four of five starts hit double figures for the Lions, who's repeated comeback attempted were not enough against Gordon on Tuesday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emerson had four players in double figures, paced by Senior Guard Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) who totaled 30 points, eight rebounds, and two assists on the night.
- Freshman Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) had his second consecutive game in double figures to start the season, scoring 16 points and hitting three from beyond the arc.
- Gordon had a balanced attack on the offensive end, with all five starters reaching double figures in points.
- Garrison Duviver led the Fighting Scots with 22 points and 16 rebounds, marking a double double in his first game of the seaosn.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams came out of the gate well, with the score being tied at 20 just eight minutes in.
- Emerson opened up a four point lead with just under eleven minute remaining in the first half at 26-22.
- Over the next seven minutes, Gordon broke off a 17-5 run to give the Fighting Scots an eight point lead at 39-31.
- Emerson closed out the half down seven at 45-38.
- After going behind by 11 early in the second half, the Lions fought back through the three ball.
- Gray, Waterhouse, and Nate Martin (Great Falls, Va.) each hit touch shots from behind the arc to help cut the lead to seven.
- The Lions were never able to get closer than seven, and fell by a final score of 105-85.
- Emerson will have a quick turnaround as they will stay at Brown & Plofker Gym on Thursday to take on Lesley at 7:00pm.