Score: Emerson 94, Lesley 57
Records: Emerson Lions (1-2), Lesley Lynx (0-3)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018
The Lead: Freshman Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) led all scorers with 21 points, hitting five three pointers on the way to a 94-57 victory for Emerson.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Zach Waterhouse paced the Lions with 21 points on 8-9 shooting from the field and 5-6 from three. He added three steals, two rebounds, and two assists.
- Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) earned his first double double of the season with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Gray added a four assists and two steals.
- Emerson had every player active for the game score a point, with four of five starters hitting double figures.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson jumped out to an early six point lead behind three pointers by Waterhouse and Nate Martin (Great Falls, Va.) in the first four minutes of game action.
- After a timeout by Lesley, Waterhouse stayed hot on both ends of the court. Waterhouse forced two turnovers by Lesley resulting in two steals. He hit two more three pointers in the next four minutes, helping Emerson to open up a 22-7 lead.
- The Lions continued to build on the lead, scoring 17 of the next 20 points, bringing their lead to 29 at 39 to 10.
- Emerson kept their lead toward the end of the half, finishing the half up 26 with a score of 52-26.
- In the second half, Emerson kept Lesley at length. The Lions opened up the half on an 11-4 run to extend their lead to 63-30.
- Emerson kept their lead throughout the end of the game, finishing the game with a final score of 94-57 and earning their first win of the season.
- Emerson welcomes St. Thomas (Minn.) to Brown & Plofker Gym at 6:00pm on Saturday, November 17th.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS