Men's Basketball at Suffolk
Tuesday, November 27, 2018
Boston, Mass. | Regan Gymnasium
Men's Basketball vs. Emmanuel
Thursday, November 29, 2018
Boston, Mass. l Brown & Plofker Gym
Men's Basketball at Amherst
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Amherst, Mass. l LeFrak Gymnasium
Boston, Mass. - The Emerson College Men's basketball Team will look to continue their winning ways in the coming week as they travel across the Boston Common to take on the Rams of Suffolk College before welcoming the Emmanuel College Saints in another cross-town matchup.
LOOK BACK BEFORE BREAK
- Before the short Thanksgiving Break, the Emerson Lions played on Tuesday, November 20th against the Pine Manor Gators at Brown & Plofker Gym.
- The Lions defeated the Gators behind a career high 32 points by junior Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.), with a final score of 91-84.
- Freshman Jarred Houston posted an impressive double double with 22 points and 15 rebounds. Houston was strong defensively, blocked four Gator shots in the win.
- Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) had a strong showing off the bench with 13 points, three rebounds, and two assists.
- Geoffrey Gray and Nate Martin rounded out the players in double figures, with both scoring 11. Gray added eight rebounds, five assists, and three steals while Martin added four rebounds and one assist.
SCOUTING THE RAMS
- Emerson will travel to their Boston Common counterpart to take on the Suffolk Rams at 7:00pm on Tuesday.
- The Rams enter the game with a 2-2 record, averaging 78.9 points per game.
- Junior Thomas Duffy leads all scorers for the Rams with 19.3 per game, having played in all four. Duffy runs the offense, adding four assists per game while helping out on the boards with 4.3 per game.
- Brendan Mulson and Michael Hagopian both average double figures as well, with 13.5 and 10.0 respectively.
- As a team, the Rams shoot a 44.1% from the field and 36.5% from behind the arc.
- The team averaged 15.5 assists, 36.3 rebounds, 6.8 steals and 4.0 blocks per game.
SCOUTING THE SAINTS
- Emerson welcomes their cross-town rival to the Brown & Plofker Gym on Thursday, November 27th starting at 7:00pm.
- The Saints score an average of 74.8 points per game and enter the week with a 2-2 record.
- Emmanuel has two sophomores leading their scoring averages, with Zachary Crisafulli and Jack Moulder at 12.0 and 11.8 points per game each.
- Senior Isaiah Ruffen controls the boards with 9.0 rebounds per game while sophomore Marcus Fox grabs 7.3 per game.
- The Saints have nine players who average over one assist, with Emmett Riddick leading the team at 3.0 per game.
- While being a good rebounder, Marcus Fox is also strong defensively with 1.3 blocks per game.
SCOUTING THE MAMMOTHS
- Amherst enters the week with a 3-0 record and having played all three games at home.
- The Mammoths have averaged 99.3 points per game in their three victories, shooting 52.4% from the field over that span.
- The Mammoths have a spread out offensive attack, but are led by sophomore Grant Robinson who averaged 15.3 points per game while averaging 23 minutes.
- Robinson is vital to the offense, as he also leads the Mammoths with 4.3 assists per game.
- Eric Sellew is an important piece to Amherst, as he aerages 8.3 points and 8.0 rebounds per game. Sellew keeps the offense in possession with 3.0 offensive rebounds per game and grabs 5.0 per game on the defensive end.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS