Score: Emerson 72, Suffolk 68
Records: Emerson Lions (3-3) ; Suffolk Rams (3-2)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Regan Gymnasium)
Date: Tuesday, November 27, 2018
The Lead: Emerson's Geoffrey Gray led all scorers in the game with 28 points, as one of four starters in double figures for the Lions. Emerson was victorious in a comeback against their Boston Common counterparts.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Four of Emerson's starters scored in double figures. Gray paced all of Emerson's players with 18, while Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.), Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.), and Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) had 17, 12, and 10 points respectively.
- Gray grabbed 13 rebounds notching a double double for the Lions.
- Thomas Duffy led the Rams with 27 points.
- Emerson shot 43.8% from the field and 76.5% from the free throw line. The Lions hit on over one third of the three point attempts, shooting 36.8%.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson and Suffolk both started with small runs. Emerson scored the first 4 points before Suffolk scored the next 11.
- Seven minutes into the game, Suffolk took an eight point lead on a three pointer by Jim Djema.
- Suffolk brought their lead to 14 just seven minutes later, leading 28-14 with six minutes left.
- The Lions cut the lead two points at the end of the half, with Duffy scoring a layup for the Rams in the final seconds to give them a 35-23 lead.
- Emerson opened up the second half on a 14-0 run, taking a 37-35 lead. The run was capped by a Gray three point jumper.
- Both teams traded points throughout the rest of the game the game, with neither side leading by more than five.
- Emerson fell behind by four with just over four minutes remaining in the game.
- A three pointer by Waterhouse tied the game with 3 minutes left before Suffolk scored another three just second later to pull ahead once again.
- The Lions and Rams traded baskets, with Emerson taking the lead on a pair of free throws by Gray. Waterhouse and O'Connor iced the game with each hitting one of two free throw attempts.
- Emerson emerged victorious 72-68.
- Emerson welcomes the Emmanuel College Saints to the Brown & Plofker Gym on Thursday, November 29th at 7:00pm.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS