Men's Basketball at Tufts
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Medford, Mass. | Cousens Gym
Men's Basketball vs Curry
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Boston, Mass. l Brown & Plofker Gym
BOSTON - The Emerson College Men's Basketball team gets on the road as they travel to take on the Tufts Jumbos on Wednesday night at 7:00pm before returning home on Saturday to take on Curry College in the second game of a Men's and Women's Basketball doubleheader at 3:00pm.
LOOK BACK AT LAST WEEK
- The Lions finished last week with a 2-1 record, defeating two teams in close proximity to them.
- The Lions defeated the Suffolk Rams on Tuesday night after traveling across the Boston Common behind a game high 28 points from Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.)
- Emerson welcomed the Emmanuel Saints to the Brown & Plofker Gym on Thursday, defeating their cross town rival 95-85. Jack O'Connor was one point shy of the career high he set just two weeks ago with 31.
- Emerson finished their week as they traveled to take on the Mammoths of Amherst. Amherst defeated the Lions 85-62 in regulation.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- The Lions have two players at the top of the points per game category in the conference. O'Connor and Gray top the conference, with 23.5 and 20.6 points per game respectively.
- Gray finds himself at the top of the rebounds per game category as well, coming in first with 9.0 per game.
- Freshman Center Jarred Houston is 7th in field goal percentage with a 55.9 conversion rate on shots from the field.
- Gray also ranks in the top five in assists per game at fifth with 3.6.
GRAY NAMED NEWMAC OFFENSIVE ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
- Geoffrey Gray was named NEWMAC Athlete Of The Week for his great performances last week. Gray averaged 23.0 points, shot 92.9 percent from the free throw line and 53.2 percent from the field on the week. He recorded a double-double against Suffolk with 28 points and 13 rebounds.
SCOUTING THE JUMBOS
- Tufts enters the game with a 2-4 record, falling to both NEWMAC teams they have faced, WPI and MIT. Five of their games have been at home, and the game against the Lions will be their second of the year at Cousins Gym.
- The Jumbos have a balanced attack on the offensive end, with six players averaging double figures in points per game.
- They are led by two sophomores, Luke Rogers and Brennan Morris, who average 16.2 and 15.5 points per game respectively. Both players have started in all six games for the Jumbos.
- Freshman Guard Carson Cohen leads the Jumbos with 4.2 assists per game.
- Rogers averages 8.3 rebounds per game to lead the Jumbos in that category as well. He grabbed 4.5 defensive and 3.8 offensive per game.
SCOUTING THE COLONELS
- Curry enters the week with an 0-8 record and will take on Eastern Nazaren on Thursday before playing the Lions on Saturday.
- The Colonels offense is paced by Jared Thorpe-Johnson, who averages 19.3 points per game.
- Thorpe-Johnson leads the Colonels with 6.3 rebounds per game, while Kieran Carroll os close behind with 5.6 per game.
- As a team, Curry averages 69.6 points per game and 33.8 rebounds per game. The team shoots strong from the free throw line, with a 74.2 percentage from the charity stripe.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS