Score: Emerson 101, Curry 70
Records: Emerson Lions (5-5, 0-0 NEWMAC) ; Curry Colonels (0-10, 0-3 CCC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Saturday, December 8th, 2018
The Lead: Emerson's balanced attack was led by Senior Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) who recorded a double double with 24 points and 13 rebounds, helping Emerson cruise to the 31 point victory over Curry on Saturday.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Adding to his double double, Gray was three assists shy of a triple double with seven. He also had one steal.
- Off the bench, Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) had 22 points on 8-13 shooting from the field. He added three rebounds, two steals, and one assist.
- Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) and Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.) were in double figures for Emerosn, scoring 13 and 10 respectively. Jack Healy added 8 points off of the bench.
- Curry had two players in double figures. Jared Thorpe-Johnson led all scorers with 26 points and 12 rebounds for a double double.
- Spencer Feng scored 10 points on 4-7 shooting from the field, hitting 2-4 three pointers he took.
- Emerson out rebounded Curry 51-30 and shot 54.1% from the field for the game.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Curry jumped out to an early 7-2 lead, with Thorpe-Johnson scoring five of the first seven point for the Colonels.
- Emerson tied the game at 10 on a Waterhouse three with 14:40 remaining in the first half.
- The three sparked a run for the Lions, who opened up a 23-17 lead with 11 minutes remaining in the first half.
- Thorpe-Johnson got the Colonels back within three on a three pointer, bringing the score to 27-24.
- The Lions closed out the half on a 22-9 run from this point on, opening up a 16 point lead at the break.
- The Lions continued their hot shooting the open the second half, going on a 16-0 run and opening up a 30 point lead.
- The Lions held their lead, not letting Curry have a chance at a comeback, and finished the game as 31 point victors 101-70.
- The Lions have one more game before the holiday break on Tuesday, December 11th against Brandeis starting at 6:30pm.
- After the holiday break, Emerson will kick off its' NEWMAC schedule against Coast Guard on January 2nd.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS