Dec 10, 2018
Emerson vs Brandeis
December 10, 2018
LOOK BACK AT LAST WEEK
- The Lions finished last week with a 1-1 record in two non-conference tilts against Tufts and Curry.
- Emerson defeated Curry 101-70 behind Geoffrey Gray's (Newton, Mass) double double with 24 points and 13 rebounds. Gray was three assists shy of a triple double with seven.
- Zach Waterhouse (Hampton, N.H.) had 22 points off the bench for Emerson.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- Emerson has two players atop the points per game category in the conference. Gray currently is number one in the NEWMAC with 21.2 points per game. Junior Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) is in second with 21.0 points per game.
- Gray also sits in second in the rebounds per game category with 9.1.
- Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.) finds himself in the top two in two categories. Houston is seventh in the NEWMAC with 7.2 rebounds per game and seventh in field goal percentage at 54.2.
SCOUTING THE JUDGES
- Brandeis comes into the game with a 6-2 record, most recently falling to Wesleyan (Conn.) 67-78.
- Brandeis fell to the Suffolk Rams 71-69, who Emerson defeated by a similar margin of 72-68.
- The Judges have a balanced attack, with five players averaging over nine points per game.
- Brandeis is paced by senior Corey Sherman, who averages 14.8 points per game.
- Latye Workman and Chandler Jones are the leading rebounders for the Judges. Workman averages 7.3 and Jones averages 7.0. They average 9.6 points and 13.9 points respectively.
- Emerson is off until after the new year, when they open up their conference schedule on the road against Coast Guard at 2:00pm on January 2nd.
- The Lions' first home conference tilt will be against Clark on Saturday, January 5th at 1:00pm.