Posted: Dec 11, 2018
Score: Brandeis 75, Emerson 72
Records: Emerson Lions (5-6, 0-0 NEWMAC) ; Brandeis Judges (7-2, 0-0 UAA)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Tuesday, December 11th, 2018
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- O'Connor paced all scorers with 26, adding three rebounds, one assists, one steal, and one black. He was 10-13 from the field and 4-5 from thee point land.
- Zach Waterhouse scored 18 off the bench for Emerson, adding four rebounds and one steal.
- Houston posted a double double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. He blocked two shots, assisted on two baskets, and had one steal.
- Brandeis had four players in double figures, but was paced by Corey Sherman who had 21 points, including the game winning shot for the Judges.
- Chandler Jones and Eric D'Aguanno both had 14 points for the Judges, with D'Aguanno scoring his off the bench.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Judges opened up a 10 point lead just six minutes into the game, capping the 17-7 run with a D'Aguanno three pointer.
- The Lions chipped away, Eventually cutting the lead to five on a Houston layup with just under eight minutes in the first half.
- After falling behind 30-25, Emerson went on a 13-2 run to close out the first half, with O'Connor hitting a pull up three pointer with 44 seconds remaining.
- Brandeis opened the half with a 10-4 run of their own to bring the game to 42 a piece with 16 minutes remaining.
- The teams stayed close throughout the rest of the game, with the biggest lead being Brandeis by six with 2:46 remaining.
- Collin Sawyer hit two free throws for Brandeis with 18 seconds remaining to put the Judges up by three.
- Waterhouse responded for the Lions, hitting a three pointer from the corner to tie the game with just under 5 seconds remaining.
- Sherman launched a three pointer which fell through the hoop with 0.9 remaining on the clock to give the Judges a three point lead.
- Emerson's final full court heave fell short, finishing the game with a final score of 75-72 in favor of Brandeis.
- Emerson is off for the better part of a month before returning to action with the start of conference play at Coast Guard on December 2nd.