Men's Basketball vs. MIT
Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Men's Basketball at Springfield
Saturday, January 12, 2019
LOOK BACK AT LAST WEEK
- The Men's Basketball team opened up its 2018-2019 New England Women's And Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) schedule last week. The team will only play NEWMAC contests from here on out.
- The Lions went 2-0 against the Coast Guard Academy Bears and the Clark University Cougars, winning two close matchups against the NEWMAC opponents.
- Geoffrey Gray averaged 21.5 points per game and 11.5 rebounds per game in the two victories, good for a double-double.
GRAY AND HOUSTON GARNER NEWMAC ATHLETE OF THE WEEK HONORS
- Geoffrey Gray and Jarred Houston were named NEWMAC Offensive and Defensive Athlete Of The Week respectively for the week ending on January 6th, 2019.
- Gray averaged 21.5 points and 11.5 rebounds per game over the two games.
- Houston had his best game of the season against Coast Guard, totaling 17 points and 18 rebounds against the Bears.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I) leads all players in the conference by averaging 20.9 points per game.
- Gray sits in third in the category scoring 20.2 points per game.
- Gray and Houston and top five in rebounds per game, with Gray in second at 9.3 and Houston in fourth at 8.3.
- Gray is also top five in assists per game with 4.2.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
- MIT enters the game with five players averaging in double figures in scores. Bradley Jomard leads the team with 18.1 points per game. AJ Jurko and Tim Roberts are close behind, averaging 17.4 and 16.3 points per game respectively. Cameron Korb and Ian Hinkley round up the starters and are averaging double figures. Korb averages 16.2 and Hinkley averages 13.5.
- Tim Roberts leads the NEWMAC in rebounds per game with 10.8 and in field goal percentage, shooting 73.5 from the field.
- Jurko leads all players in the conference with 7.9 assists per game.
SCOUTING THE PRIDE
- Springfield enters the week with a 4-9 overall record and 1-1 record in the NEWMAC.
- The Pride are led by Junior Jake Ross, who is averaged 21.3 point per game. He adds seven rebounds and 3.3 assist per game.
- Fellow Junior Heath Post is averaged 16 points and 8.5 rebounds per game.
- As a team, the Pride shoot 46.4% from the field, 38.3% from behind the arc and 69.3% from the charity stripe.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS
- Stay updated on the Emerson men's basketball team and follow the Lions on Twitter, Facebook at Emerson College Men's Basketball as well as on Instagram. Also be sure to tune into Emerson Channel Sports to catch the Lions in action!