Score: Emerson 84, MIT 65
Records: Emerson Lions (8-6, 3-0 NEWMAC) ; MIT Engineers (12-2, 2-1 NEWMAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Wednesday, January 9th, 2019
BY THE NUMBERS
- Gray notched his third straight double-double, adding 13 rebounds to his 30 points. Gray had six assists and one steal to add to his double-double.
- Waterhouse scored 22 points on 7-12 shooting from the field, hitting 6-10 shots from behind the arc. He added five rebounds.
- Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) complimented Waterhouse and Gray by scoring 19 of his own points and adding four rebounds and three assists. He hit all eight of his attempts from the charity stripe.
- MIT was paced by Ian Hinkley and Bradley Jomard, who each scored 15 points.
- Tim Roberts had a double-double for the engineers with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- MIT suffered just its' second loss of the season and first in conference.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- MIT scored 7 of the first 10 points, headlined by a Hinkley three pointer which gave the Engineers a 4 point lead.
- O'Connor responded with a three of his own, before Gray made a layup giving the Lions an early 8-7 lead.
- The teams traded points and were knotted at 16 with just over 13 minutes remaining in the first half.
- Emerson went on a quick 5-0 run, capped by a Gray three pointer to open up its' biggest lead of the night at five.
- Emerson built on the lead, bringing it to eight points before MIT had a quick run to cut the lead to two on a Jomard jumper at 33-31.
- The Lions opened up an eight point lead at the half, with Roberts making a last second layup after grabbing the rebound from a missed Jomard layup. At the break, the Lions led 46-38.
- Emerson opened up the second half a on a 7-2 run, bringing their lead to 13 on a Waterhouse three pointer from the corner.
- After a Gray layup, Waterhouse drained two more threes to bring the Lions' lead to 17 at 61-44.
- Emerson maintained their lead using strong defense and lights out shooting, finishing the game wit ha score of 84-65.
- Emerson travels to Springfield, Massachusetts to take on the Springfield College Pride on Saturday, January 12th at 3:00pm.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS