Score: Emerson 88, Clark University 79
Records: Emerson Lions (12-10, NEWMAC 7-4); Clark Cougars (5-17, NEWMAC 1-10),
Location: Worcester, Mass. (Kneller Athletic Center)
The Lead: Senior Geoffrey Gray (Newton, Mass.) paced all players with 26 points as the Emerson men's basketball team traveled to Worcester, Mass. and returned home with a 88-79 victory against the Clark University Cougars on Wednesday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Gray added nine rebounds, five assists, and one steal to his 26 point performance.
- Junior Jack O'Connor (Newport, R.I.) scored 21 points to go along with Gray's 26. O'Connor also had five assists and added five rebounds.
- Freshman Jarred Houston (Norwood, Mass.) added 11 points while freshman Nate Martin (Great Falls, Va.) chipped in eight points off the bench.
- Brendan Kittredge recorded a double-double for the Cougars, scoring 15 points and grabbing 10 boards.
- Biko Gayman led the scorers for Clark with 22 points.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson opened up a large gap in the first half, elating by as many as twelve in the frame.
- The 12 point lead came on a Gray triple with just under nine minutes remaining on the clock.
- Clark went on a 9-3 run to cut the lead to three at 29-26, but Emerson closed out the half with a six point lead at 44-38.
- Emerson and Clark battled late into the second half, with Clark cutting the lead to one on a three pointer by Antonio Lapeyrolerie with 12:52 remaining.
- Clark pulled ahead on a Gayman lay up at 63-31, before Emerson knotted the score back up at 68 a piece.
- O'Connor connected on a three pointer and Gray drove the lane, laying the ball up and in and giving Emerson a five point lead at 73-68.
- Emerson closed out the game on a 15-11 run, winning the game comfortably ay 88-79.
- Emerson welcomes WPI to the Brown & Plofker Gym on Saturday, February 9th for some NEWMAC action at 1:00pm.
- Clark travels to take on the US Coast Guard Academy at the same date and time.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS