Scoreboard: Emerson 13, Mount Ida 12 (2OT) | Boston, Mass. | February 28, 2018
Emerson 7, Lyndon State 4 | Boston, Mass. | March 3, 2018
BOSTON - The Emerson men's lacrosse team looks to remain in the win column as it enters its first pair of road tests after beginning 2018 with back-to-back victories on its home turf. Starting on Monday afternoon, the Lions head down to New Haven, Conn. to meet Albertus Magnus at 4:00 p.m. Then on Thursday, the Lions wrap the week at Nichols for a non-conference slate at 4:00 p.m.
STARTING IN THE WIN COLUMN
- Emerson has locked up W's in its first pair of contests to start off 2018 at 2-0 with victories coming against Mount Ida and Lyndon State.
- The Lions closed out February with a season opening double-overtime 13-12 thriller win over the Mustangs of Mount Ida last Wednesday night that saw freshman Joe Meyers (Carmel, N.Y.) net the game-winner with 1:58 left into the second overtime.
- Junior Jared Brush (Detroit, Mich.) and freshman Stevie Powers (Arlington, Mass.) led the attack with a combined five goals in Emerson's 7-4 win over Lyndon State this past Saturday.
EMERSON IN THE NEWMAC
- Through two games, Emerson has fired in 20 goals with 17 assists while averaging 10.00 goals per game on 41.5 shots and a shot percentage of 24.1%.
- Four members of the Lions have made their way into the top-10 of their respective offensive, defensive and goalie categories after just two games, including Brush, junior Cameron Radenberg (Los Angeles, Calif.), junior Bailey Kennedy (Swampscott, Mass.) and sophomore Austin DiPietro.
- Brush sits fourth in goals with eight and is tied for second with 11 total points, while Radenberg has racked up a NEWMAC leading six assists and follows Brush in eighth with eight points.
- In the net, Kennedy has put up impressive numbers so far with 17 saves (T-4th) with a 7.74 goals against average (2nd) and a 51.5 save percentage (4th).
- DiPietro has dominated in the X two games into his freshman campaign, winning 30-of-38 in face offs, and has scooped up a NEWMAC-third best 15 ground balls.
SCOUTING THE FALCONS
- Emerson will head down to New Haven, Conn. on Monday afternoon as Albertus Magnus' first opponent of their 2018 season.
- Albertus Magnus was tabbed to finish ninth in the GNAC Preseason Coaches' Poll after ending its 2017 with an overall record at 3-12.
- In the all-time series, the Lions hold a 2-1 series lead over the Falcons.
- Emerson and Albertus Magnus last met back on March 28, 2017 at Rotch Field where the Lions outlasted the Falcons, 11-10, in an overtime victory.
SCOUTING THE BISON
- Nichols enters Thursday's contest three games deep into its 2018 schedule and currently hold a record of 3-0 with its most recent win coming on March 3 as the Bison clipped Anna Maria, 10-5.
- Before meeting with Emerson, Nichols will meet Salem State on Tuesday afternoon.
- Nichols was selected to finish sixth in the 2018 Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC) Coaches' Preseason Poll after wrapping a 2017 season that saw the Bison finish at 10-8 overall after being downed by UNE in the CCC Quarterfinals.
- The Bison return its two leading scorers from 2017 in Reece O'Connor, who racked up 37 assists and 65 total points, along with MacKenzie Martin, who netted 29 goals.
- On the defensive end for the Bison, Hugh O'Donnell returns after causing 22 turnovers and scooping 44 ground balls, as well as Matt O'Connell, who caused 18 turnovers and picked up 40 ground balls.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS