Scoreboard: Emerson 10, Albertus Magnus 9 | March 5, 2018 | New Haven, Conn.
Schedule: Saturday March 17, 2018 vs. Wentworth, Boston, Mass., 4:00 p.m. | Live Stats
Monday March 19, 2018 at Nichols, Dudley, Mass., 7:00 p.m. | Live Stats | Video
BOSTON - The Emerson men's lacrosse team looks to extend its winning streak after a pair of games were postponed due to snow and gets back onto the field this coming week with two non-conference contests. The Lions hit the turf on Saturday in a St. Patrick's Day meeting with Wentworth at 4:00 p.m.. Then on Monday, the Lions will head off to Nichols for a rescheduled contest at 7:00 p.m.
THE WINNING STREAK CONTINUES
- Before several games being postponed due to the snow storms last week, Emerson locked up its third straight victory as they spoiled Albertus Magnus' home opener in a 10-9 victory on March 5.
- Through three games, Emerson has tallied 30 goals and 23 assists, averaging 10.00 goals per contests and 40.7 shots with a shot percentage of 24.6%.
REPRESENTING IN THE NEWMAC
- Sophomore Austin DiPietro and juniors Jared Brush (Detroit, Mich.), Cameron Radenberg (Los Angeles, Calif.) and net minder Bailey Kennedy (Swampscott, Mass.) pace Emerson on the stat sheet and continue to sit in the top 10 of their respective NEWMAC categories.
- Brush leads the pack with a spot in three offensive categories including goals (T-5th - 13), points (T-6th - 16) and shots (8th - 33).
- Radenberg remains in the top spot with a NEWMAC leading nine assists with DiPietro pacing the defensive attack with 24 ground balls (T-5th) and has won a fifth best 42 of 59 in the X.
- In between the pipes, Kennedy has racked up a goals against average of 8.15 (2nd) through the opening trio of games with a 49.0% save percentage (7th) along with 24 saves (7th).
SCOUTING THE LEOPARDS
- This will be the first meeting between Wentworth and Emerson dating back to March 16, 2013 where the Leopards topped the Lions, 21-7, at Rotch Field.
- On Thursday, March 15, the Leopards found themselves on the end of a 12-9 loss against the MIT Engineers to put their overall record at 3-1.
- The Leopards have two players with 10+ goals including Kyle Doner (15) and Dolan McCarthy (13), along with Jacob Eldred racking up 12 assists while Doner also paces the Leopards with 23 points.
- Leading the defense for Wentworth includes Sean Brennan, who has scooped up 24 ground balls, along with Killian Ryan, who has caused five turnovers.
- Paul Sender and Peter Andersson man the X for Wentworth with Sender winning 36-of-74 and Andersson taking 29-of-35.
- Wentworth holds a 3-0 all-time series lead over Emerson.
SCOUTING THE BISON
- The Bison of Nichols currently post an overall record of 5-1 with its latest victory coming over UMass.-Boston down in Davenport, Fl. in a 15-10 win.
- On a shot percentage of .264%, Nichols has registered a total of 66 goals and 51 assists.
- Pacing Nichols through its first six games is MacKenzie Martin, who has found the back of the net 13 times for a total of 24 points and Brayden Carroll picking up 12 assists.
- Hugh O'Donnell and Pat Nally anchor the Bison defense with O'Donnell scooping up 29 ground balls and 16 caused turnovers and Nally picking up 22 ground balls and has gone 48 in 113 in the X.
- Manning the net for Nichols is Brian McKinley, who holds a 6.83 goals against average on 41 goals while racking up 72 saves with a .637 save percentage.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS