Score: MIT 20, Emerson 4
Records: Emerson Lions (5-8, 0-4 NEWMAC) ; MIT Engineers (7-5, 3-1 NEWMAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
The Lead: The Emerson Lions Men's Lacrosse Team was beaten on Wednesday afternoon in a NEWMAC battle against the Engineers of MIT.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Gaving Vandenberg and Graham Davis led the Engineers with five and four goals respectively.
- Aidan Westley was a key passed for MIT with three assists.
- The Engineers outshot the Lions 38-33.
- Austin DiPietro (Clearwater, Fla.) continued his hot streak inside the circle, winning 14 of 24 faceoffs he took.
- Victor Fink took the victory saving 13 of 17 shots on targets faced. Bailey Kennedy (Swampscott, Mass.) had eight saves for the Lions.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first quarter was all Engineers, who grabbed three goals in the first frame. The Lions grabbed one back with 27 second remaining in the quarter while on the power play to cut the lead to 3-1 heading into the second frame.
- After MIT grabbed the goal back in the second quarter, Emerson's Jared Brush (Detriot, Mich.) and Cameron Radenberg (Los Angeles, Calif.) each scored to cut the MIT lead to one at 4-3.
- MIT closed out the half on a 4-0 run to give the Engineers an 8-3 lead heading into the third quarter.
- Stevie Powers (Arlington, Mass.) grabbed a goal to start the second half for the Lions, cutting the lead in half at 4-3.
- MIT closed out the final two frames on a 12-0 run to give the Engineers a 20-4 victory.
- Emerson travels to Wheaton, Mass. to take on Wheaton College in a NEWMAC matchup on Saturday, April 21st at 1:00pm.
- MIT welcomes NEWMAC rival Springfield to Camrbidge, Mass. for a 4:00pm matchup on Saturday, April 21st.