Men's Lacrosse vs. Salem State
Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Boston, Mass. | Rotch Field
Men's Lacrosse at Clark*
Saturday, April 6, 2019
BOSTON, Mass. - With their NEWMAC schedule underway, the Emerson men's lacrosse team uses the first week of April to wrap its non conference schedule and dip fully into its conference slate. Emerson hosts Salem State in its last out of conference game of 2019 on Wednesday night at 6:00 p.m.. On Saturday, Emerson treks back into its NEWMAC games out at Clark for a 1:00 p.m. meeting.
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEK
- In last Wednesday night's 10-6 setback to Mass.-Dartmouth, freshman Skyler Celotto (Wesport, Conn.) netted five goals and saw McGrath come away with 14 saves.
- Saturday saw Emerson begin its NEWMAC schedule over at Springfield where the Lions shouldered a tough 21-6 loss to the Pride.
LIONS ON THE FIELD
- Junior Austin Franklin (New Bedford, Mass.) has dished out 14 assists to put him in tied in the third slot in the NEWMAC.
- Taking the third spot with 79 shots is Celotto, who also has scooped up a fifth-best 39 ground balls.
- Junior Austin DiPietro (Clermont, Fla.) continues to be a force within the X winning 127-of-186 in the face-off circle (2nd) while picking up a NEWMAC best 83 ground balls.
- Senior Marshall Tate (Taunton, Mass.) snags the third spot in the caused turnovers category with 14 while sophomore Jiwon Kim (McLean, Va.) follows tied for fifth with 12.
- Manning the net for Emerson is freshman Malcolm McGrath (Ridgefield, Conn.), who has recorded 103 saves (4th) for a 55.4% save percentage (3rd), while registering a 10.47 goals against average (3rd).
SCOUTING THE VIKINGS
- Salem State (3-4 / 1-1 MASCAC) have won its last two contests, most recently topping Castleton on Saturday by the score of 4-3.
- The Vikings have been held winless while out on the road and hold a 0-3 record away from Salem.
- Within seven games, Salem State has netted 50 goals alongside 33 assists and average 7.14 goals a game on a 24.0% shot percentage and registered 29.71 shots.
- Tyler Morris anchors Salem State with 21 total points on 12 goals and nine assists and Nick Quirk follows with 12 points on nine goals and three assists.
- Kyle Henry has scooped up a Vikings high 66 ground balls alongside winning 80-of-135 face-offs with Dan McLaughlin causing 10 total turnovers.
- In net for the Vikings in Stephen Balcher (3-2), who through 270 minutes in goal has allowed 30 goals (8.67 GAA) and made 50 saves (56.2% save percentage) within six games.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
- Clark (4-6 / 0-1 NEWMAC) shouldered a loss in its first NEWMAC tilt in a tight 14-13 setback to Coast Guard this past Saturday and take on Mass Maritime on Wednesday.
- The Cougars have netted a total of 109 goals while registering 10.90 goals per game on 38.90 shots alongside 70 assists.
- Leading Clark with 35 points on 27 goals and eight assists is Brandon King, while Chris Rasco paces the Cougars with 34 goals and one assist for 35 points and Andrew Hollerbach and Jack Mandracchia round out the offensive leaders with 13 assists.
- Bobby Philbin leads Clark with 61 ground balls and 106-of-138 wins in the face-off X and Timothy Hally has caused 12 turnovers.
- Through nine appearances and eight starts, Clark net minder Nathan Maselek (3-5) posts a 12.25 goals against average on 79 allowed goals while coming away with 108 saves (57.8% save percentage) within 387+ minutes in net.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS