Score: Babson 17, Emerson 5
Records: Emerson Lions (2-11, 0-3 NEWMAC) ; Babson Beacers (7-5, 3-0 NEWMAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
Date: April 13, 2019
The Lead: The Emerson Lions fell to the Babson Beavers in a NEWMAC matchup on Saturday, despite a hat trick from Freshman Attacker Skyler Celotto (Fairfield, Conn.)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Celotto led the way for the Lions with his three goals. Austin Franklin (New Bedford, Mass.) and Tim Doyle (San Diego, Calif.) each added one goal for Emerson.
- Babson was paced by Samuel Mishkind (Chappaqua, N.Y.) , who tallied seven goals in the victory for the Beavers.
- Niall Dillon (Duxbury, Mass.) and Owen Allen (Franklin, Mass.) both added three goals to give the Beavers three players with hat tricks.
- Malcom McGrath (Ridgefield, Conn.) made 14 saves in net for the Lions, with the loss dropping his record to 2-7.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions scored the first goal of the game, with Tim Doyle firing home just over one minute into the game.
- Babson scored five unanswered to take a 5-1 lead before Celotto's first goal cut the lead to three with just under 10 minutes remaining in the second quarter.
- Babson scored five more unanswered goals, leading into the third quarter. Emerson rallied off two in a row in a five minute span in the third quarter, cutting the score to 10-4.
- Babson scored two more before the buzzer in the third quarter, with Mishkind burying a shot right as time expired for the Beavers.
- Mishkind and Allen combined for five goals in the fourth quarter, with Emerson taking one through Celotto with just under a minute remaining in the game.
- Babson emerged victorious 17-5.
- The Lions get back in action on Wednesday when they travel to take on MIT at 7:00pm.