Score: Emerson Lions 1, Coast Guard Bears 0
Records: Emerson Lions (2-5-0, 1-1-0 NEWMAC) ; Coast Guard Bears (1-5-0, 0-2-0 NEWMAC)
Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018
Location: New London, Conn. (Coast Guard Academy Stadium)
The Lead: Gavin Faucette powered the Emerson Lions Men's Soccer Team earned it's first victory in the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NWEMAC) in 2018 with a 1-0 victory over the Bears of Coast Guard Academy on Saturday.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Faucette scored the lone goal on the day, firing in one of his two shots on goal and two total shots.
- Jack Isacke (Saratoga, Calif.) assisted on Faucette's goal, marking the freshman's first assist in collegiate play.
- David Kemp (London, England) stopped all three shots on goal he faced to earn the shutout for the Lions.
- Dakota Harich made saves on three of four shots on goal for the Bears.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half was quiet with neither team threatening eachother's goal much.
- The deadlock was broken in the 60th minute when Jack Isacke played Gavin Faucette over the top to put him in on goal. Fuacette controlled and slotted the ball past a charging Harich.
- The Bears threw more players forward in hope of finding an equalizer in the last thirty minutes of the game.
- Emerson's David Kemp made a save on senior Alex Hall who fired from the top of the penalty box with just under 30 second remaining in the game.
- Kemp's save solidified the shutout and victory for Emerson.
- Emerson will take on Lesley away from Rotch Field on Wednesday, September 26th at 8:00pm.