Men's Soccer vs. Eastern Nazarene (2-6-1, 1-0-1 NECC)
Monday, October 1, 2018
Rotch Field | Boston, Mass.
Men's Soccer vs. Bates (5-3, 3-3 NESCAC)
Sunday, October 7, 2018
Rotch Field | Boston, Mass.
A LOOK BACK
- Emerson had a quiet week of one game after the cancellation of the Charles River Cup game against Lesley last Wednesday.
- The Lions shouldered a tough 1-0 setback on Saturday against the visiting WPI when the Engineers netted the game winner with 46 seconds left in regulation.
LEADING THE PACK
- Junior Gavin Faucette (Oakland, Calif.) sits in the top 10 of two NEWMAC offensive categories including goals and points.
- The junior sits tied for fourth with four goals and tied for 10th in points at eight.
- Sophomore goalkeeper David Kemp (London, England) ranks tied for the fifth spot amongst NEWMAC keepers with 30 saves.
SCOUTING THE LIONS
- The Lions of Eastern Nazarene enter Monday's game with an overall record of 2-6-1 and are 1-0-1 in NECC play
- Eastern Nazarene most recently drew a 0-0 double overtime tie with New England College this past Saturday.
- Through nine games, the Lions have tallied 13 goals and have averaged 1.44 goals per game to go with 13.9 shots for a .104 shot percentage and hold opponents to 2.22 goals.
- 2017 saw the Lions finish 0-16 and 0-9 in the NECC with Eastern Nazarene taking a 2-0 loss on its home field to Emerson on October 2, 2017.
- Cyprian Okwaro has knocked in three goals and one assists for seven points to lead Eastern Nazarene with Suni Lepcha being credited with two assists.
- Florian Resch (1-5-1) and Victor Mendoza (0-1) split time in net for the Lions with Resch starting in six games with a save percentage of .682 on 30 stops and has allowed 14 goals, while Mendoza has two starts under his belt having allowed four goals (2.30 GAA) and a .789 save percentage on 15 stops.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
- Coming off a 0-0 double overtime tie last Saturday at MIT, Babson posts a record of 4-1-4 and 1-0-2 in the NEWMAC and will face Mitchell on Wednesday night.
- Babson has found the back of the net nine times in nine games and have averaged 15.7 shots to go with a team goals against average of .51.
- Home field advantage has worked for Babson so far in 2018 as they have yet to lose at Hartwell-Rogers Field with a 3-0 record and are 1-1-3 on the road.
- The Beavers 2017 season saw them finish at an even 9-9 with a 2-5 showing in conference play and topped Emerson at Rotch, 2-0, on October 7, 2017.
- Currently nine players on Babson's roster have tallied one goal apiece as Noah Parker and Mitchell Collins both lead the Beavers with four points.
- Parker has two assists to his name for the four points and Collins has his four points on one goal with two assists.
SCOUTING THE BOBCATS
- Sunday's game against the visiting Bates will be the first meeting between the Bobcats and the Lions and enter the contest at 5-3 and 3-3 in the NESCAC.
- The Bobcats have won their last three of four games having scored 10 goals through eight games with 1.00 goals per game on 16.6 shots.
- A 3-0 loss to Tufts in the NESCAC Quarterfinals back in 2017 put Bates' final record at 8-6-2 and 3-5-2.
- Peder Bakken paces Bates with a trio of goals and assists for a team-leading nine points.
- Robbie Montanaro (5-3) had manned the Bobcats net for 743+ and has allowed five goals for a .61 goals against average to match a .839 save percentage on 26 stops.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS