Score: Bates 3, Emerson 0
Records: Emerson Lions (3-8, 1-4 NEWMAC) ; Bates Bobcats (7-4-3, 3-4 NESCAC)
Date: Sunday, October 7, 2018
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
The Lead: The Emerson men's soccer slipped in a 3-0 shutout at the hands of three second half goals by the Bates Bobcats in out of conference action on Sunday afternoon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Junior Gavin Faucette (Oakland, Calif.) registered five shots with one on goal followed by a pair from senior Paul Bou Aziz (Nice, France) and one from freshman RJ Dziejma (Flanders, N.J.).
- Sophomore keeper David Kemp (London, England) took the loss in net with eight stops and three goals allowed.
- Aleks Marceau paced Bates with three points on a goal and helper along with goals from Austin Sansone and Eric Opoku and an assisted credited to Eli Eshaghpour.
- Bates goalie David Goodstein came away with two stops in the win through 90 minute.
- The Bobcats outshot the Lions, 21-9, as well as in corners at 5-4.
HOW IT HAPPENED
57": After a quiet first half of no scoring from either side, Bates broke the scoreless tie after a cross by Marceau found the foot of Sansone, who headed the ball just past the reach of Kemp.
58": Bates upped its lead to 2-0 a minute later netting its first on a goal by Sansone that just slipped underneath Kemp and into the bottom left corner.
82": Eshaghpour cut down the win and saw Opoku open just inside the 18 yard line and was able to cut back across just enough to fire the Bobcats' third goal in near the left post.
- Emerson welcomes Lesley on Wednesday night in the 13th playing of the Charles River Cup at 7:00 p.m.
- Bates continues non conference play on Wednesday as well at Thomas (Me.) at 8:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS