Score: Springfield 3, Emerson 1
Records: Emerson Lions (3-9-1, 1-5 NEWMAC) ; Springfield Pride
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2018
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
The Lead: Junior Gavin Faucette (Oakland, Calif.) put in Emerson'sfirst ever goal against Springfield in the 34th minute, but the Pride tallied two nets in the second half as the Lions slipped 3-1 in conference play on Saturday afternoon.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Faucette tallied one goal on four total shots with two shots on goal along with shots coming from freshmen Arturo Ruiz (Morristown, N.J.) and Pierce Eldredge (Media, Penn.).
- Sophomore goalie David Kemp (London, England) stopped four shots on target and allowed three goals on seven shots through 90 minutes in the loss.
- Jack Rosenberg, Freddy Clark and Christian Schneider all recorded goals for Springfield, which were all unassisted.
- Springfield keeper Stewart Frank came up with three stops and allowed one goal through 90 minutes in net.
- The Pride outshot the Lions, 18-6, while the hosts held the 4-1 corner kick advantage.
- Emerson committed 14 fouls, while Springfield was called on 11 infractions.
HOW IT HAPPENED
34": A scoreless lock lasted until just past the midway point of the opening half that started on a pass back from a Springfield defender that Faucette got his foot on, broke away and put in the game's first goal into the bottom right corner with Emerson now ahead 1-0.
45": A costly Emerson foul allowed Springfield a key scoring opportunity and capitalized on Rosenberg's free kick that slipped through the defense and into the far right corner to equalize the score at 1-all.
58": Clark's initial shot bounced off the hands of Kemp before the ball found Clark's foot again, this time booting the go-ahead net just off the right post.
62': Four minutes after taking the 2-1 lead, Springfield tacked on its third goal thanks to Schneider fending off several Emerson defenders up the left sideline before crossing in and booting the shot past Kemp.
- Emerson takes to the road on Tuesday, October 16 over at Framingham State at 4:30 p.m.
- Springfield plays host to Western New England on Monday, October 15 at 7:00 p.m.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS