Men's Soccer vs. Regis (Mass.)
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Men's Soccer at MIT
Saturday, October 27, 2018
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEK
- Emerson slipped in both its pair of contests this week for its overall record to stand at 3-11-1 overall and 1-5 in the NEWMAC.
- The Lions started the week off on the road Framingham State where they were blanked 2-0 by the Rams.
- On Saturday, the Purple honored its three seniors - Max DeLuca (Rockland, Mass.), Paul Bou Aziz (Nice, France) and Danylo Kowal (Arlington, Mass.) - in its home finale, but were topped 4-1 by the visiting Wheaton (Mass.) Lyons.
- The loss to Wheaton (Mass.) also saw freshman RJ Dziejma (Flanders, N.J.) net his first career goal.
- Junior Gavin Faucette (Oakland, Calif.) tops the Lions in the goal column and sits tied for sixth in the NEWMAC with six goals on the year as well as tied for forth in shots (43).
- Sophomore keeper David Kemp (London, England) takes the second spot among NEWMAC goalies with 58 stops.
SCOUTING THE PRIDE
- A 3-2 overtime setback to Colby Sawyer this past Saturday put Regis' (Mass.) overall record at 8-5-2 and a 4-5-2 GNAC showing.
- Regis (Mass.) has put in 27 goals through 15 games on 14.4 shots and allow opponents to 1.40 goals per contest.
- 2017 closed for the Pride at the hands of a 1-0 defeat to Daniel Webster in the NECC Championship to close its season at 10-8-2 and 5-2-1 GNAC.
- Last season's meeting between Emerson and Regis (Mass.) came back on October 28, 2017 on the Pride's home turf as the home team shutout the Lions, 3-0.
- Regis (Mass.) has two players on its roster who have put up double figures in points including Ken Nivonzima and Derek Triana.
- Nivonzima leads the way with 18 points on nine goals and is joined by Triana, who has racked up 13 points on six goals and one assist.
- Jesse Bonilla holds 7-5-1 record in 14 appearances in net and has allowed 21 goals for a 1.66 goals against average to go along with .677 save percentage on 44 stops.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
- MIT blanked Coast Guard 3-0 over the weekend for its overall record to stand at 6-6-2 and 1-3-2 in the NEWMAC.
- Before MIT faces Emerson on Saturday, the Engineers trek to Worcester State on Wednesday.
- Within 14 games, the Engineers have tallied 19 goals on 16.4 shots a game with a team goals against average of .95.
- A 2-2 penalty kick loss to Clark the NEWMAC Quarterfinals ended MIT's 2017 at 6-7-5 with a 2-4-1 in the conference.
- One of the four NEWMAC loses included a 1-0 setback to Emerson down at Rotch back on October 28, 2017 for the first Lions win in an all-time series dating all the way back to 2008.
- Ivan Jutamulia and Wesley Woo have each found the back of the net four times with Jutamulia credited with one assists for nine point and Woo with three helpers for 11 points.
- Jeremy Cowham (4-3-1) holds a save percentage of .891 on 41 shots on target and has allowed just five goals for a goals against average of .48.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS