Score: MIT 3, Emerson 0
Records: Emerson Lions (3-12-1, 1-6 NEWMAC) ; MIT Engineers (8-6-2, 2-3-2 NEWMAC)
Date: Friday, October 26, 2018
Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Steinbrenner Stadium)
The Lead: The Emerson men's soccer team saw its 2018 campaign come to a close in a 3-0 shutout at the hands of the MIT Engineers in its final NEWMAC contest on Friday afternoon at Steinbrenner Stadium.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Junior Gavin Faucette (Oakland, Calif.) had three of Emerson's four shots with one shot on goal coming from junior Creighton Dorfman (Northbridge, Mass.).
- Freshman keeper Robbie Shinder (Boca Raton, Fla.) took the loss for the Lions as he allowed a trio of goals with eight stops on 11 shots on target.
- Peter Novoa, Isaac Perper and Thad Daguilh each had one goal apiece for MIT with assists credited to Perper, Joshua Wilson and Wesley Woo.
- Engineers net minder Jeremy Cowham picked up his sixth win of the season with just one save through 90 minutes.
- MIT outshot Emerson, 20-4, and also held the 6-2 edge in corner kicks.
HOW IT HAPPENED
28": MIT jumped out to a 1-0 lead a little past the midway point of the opening half that started with Perper sending a pass to an open Novoa that he put in from 25 yards out.
74": Emerson was able to hold the score at 1-0 through the remainder of the first half and much of the second until Perper beat Shinder one on one as he booted the second Engineers goal into the bottom right corner.
77": Three minutes later, Emerson found themselves in a three goal hole with a little over 12 minutes left in regulation when Daguih sent in Woo's corner kick.
- Emerson's 2018 campaign has come to a close.
- MIT awaits its seeding in the 2018 NEWMAC Tournament after the conclusion of tomorrow's contests.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS