Overall Record: 2-8-1, 0-3 NEWMAC
Scoreboard: Eastern Nazarene 2, Emerson 0 | October 1st
WPI 3, Emerson 0 | October 5th
Schedule: Saturday, October 12 vs. Babson, 1:00 p.m.
Monday, October 14 vs. Framingham State, 6:00 p.m.
BOSTON, Mass. - October soccer has begun for the Emerson men's soccer team with the Lions entering the second week with a pair of home contests on Saturday afternoon and Columbus Day. The Lions week starts on Saturday when they host Babson in a NEWMAC clash at 1:00 p.m. Then on Monday, the Purple wraps the long weekend against the visiting Framingham State at 6:00 p.m.
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEK
- Emerson slipped in its pair of matchups last week to open up October and saw its overall record fall to 2-8-1 with an 0-3 NEWMAC record
- The Lions started off the week with a 2-0 setback at neighboring Eastern Nazarene last Tuesday
- It was an early start for the squad on Saturday morning out at WPI, where the Lions were blanked by the Engineers, 3-0
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- SAVES - Kemp (57): 1st
SCOUTING THE BABSON BEAVERS
- 2019 Record: 5-4-2, 1-0-2 NEWMAC / Held to 1-1 draw with MIT this past Saturday ; will host No. 1/1 Tufts on Tuesday afternoon
- 2018 Record: 12-3-4, 5-0-2 NEWMAC / Fell to Springfield, 1-0, in NEWMAC Tournament Championship game
- Stat Leaders: Mitchell Collins - 7 goals & 3 assists for 17 points
- All-Time Series: Emerson trails series 0-6 dating back to November 2, 2013
- Last Meeting: Babson 1, Emerson 0 (OT) | October 6, 2018 at Babson
SCOUTING THE FRAMINGHAM STATE RAMS
- 2019 Record: 5-6, 3-0 MASCAC / Topped Worcester State, 2-0, last Saturday ; will host Dean on Wednesday and Westfield State on Saturday
- 2018 Record: 13-6-2, 5-0-2 MASCAC / Tripped up by Bridgewater State in MASCAC Championsip, 5-3
- Stat Leaders: Gustavo Cassemiro - 6 goals & 5 assists for 17 points ; Isaac De Souza - 5 goals & 2 assists for 12 points ; Bryce Nardizzi - 5 goals & 3 assists for 13 points
- Last Meeting: Framingham State 2, Emerson 0 | October 16, 2018 at Framingham State
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS