Mar 04, 2018
Score: King 7, Emerson 2
Records: Emerson Lions (1-6) ; King (Pa.) (4-2)
Location: Kissimmee, Fla.
Date: Sunday, March 4, 2018
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions won two of the six singles matches on the day.
- Dan Okin (Amagansett, N.Y.) defeated Nathan Carl 6-2 in the first set. Carl was forced to retire in the second set giving Okin the win.
- Thomas McCorkle (Mathews, N.C). face off against Terry Briggs. McCorkle and Briggs split the first two sets, with McCorkle winning the first 6-1 and Briggs winning the second 4-6.
- McCorkle took the final set 10-4 over Briggs.
- In doubles, the Lions fell in all three matches.
- Nathan Carl and Tyler Millan defeated Dan Okin and Brock Highley (Bedford, N.H.) 8-6 in the first set. Thomas McCorkle and Dylan Freedman ( fell 8-4 and Shawn Lee (Newport Coastt, Calif.) and Pedro Deps fell 8-0.
- Emerson takes on Oglethorpe in Florida on Monday, March 5th.