Overall: 9-5 (2-3 GNAC)
Scoreboard: Emmanuel (Mass.) 3, Emerson 1 | Boston, Mass. | March 17, 2018
No. 11 Wentworth 3, Emerson 0 | Boston, Mass. | March 17, 2018
Schedule: Tuesday, March 20 at Rivier*, Nashua, N.H., 7:00 p.m.
BOSTON - After its first road tri-match since spring break across town at Emmanuel (Mass.) this past Saturday, the Emerson men's volleyball team will split time between the road and its home hardwood this upcoming week with a trio of conference matches. The Lions continue road action on Tuesday night at Rivier at 7:00 p.m. before returning home on Saturday for an early tri-match meeting with Emmanuel (Mass.) at 11:00 a.m. and Mount Ida at 3:00 p.m.
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEKEND
- In Emerson's first tri-match since returning from break, the Lions slipped up and dropped a pair of conference tilts against Emmanuel (Mass.) and No. 11 Wentworth this past Saturday.
- The Lions were topped in four sets, 3-1, by the Saints to start the day off before being swept in three sets by the Leopards in the second match.
EMERSON IN THE GNAC
- Through 15 matches, Emerson has racked up a .172 hit percentage on 10.42 kills a set, 9.84 assists, 1.23 blocks, 1.93 aces and 11.16 digs.
- Junior Mark Piorkowski (Montclair, N.J.) paces Emerson on the stat sheet in three GNAC categories, including kills per set (3rd - 2.82), service aces per set (T 3rd - .49) and total kills (10th - 127).
- Sophomore Carl D'Aguiar (Tujunga, Calif.) continues to dominate with a GNAC leading 3.54 digs a set and 131 total digs, which ranks eighth within the conference.
- Along with Piorkowski, senior Nick Rusk (Fort Lauderdale, Fl.) also ranks within the top-5 of kills per set and service aces per set and has racked up 2.10 kills (10th) and .57 aces (2nd).
- Rounding out the Emerson leaders are senior Stig Regan (Kailua, Hi.), who sits in the sixth spot with .78 blocks a set, followed by junior Win Kittivatcharapong (Bangkok, Thailand) with a .256 hit percentage (9th) and freshman Marcus Cepeda (Sacramento, Calif.) averaging 6.50 assists a set (5th).
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- Rivier enters Tuesday's meeting with an overall record of 14-6 and have yet to be topped in conference play and hold a record of 5-0.
- Winners of its last three contests, the Raiders' most recent win came back on March 10 where they took down Wells in three sets.
- Rivier has averaged a hit percentage of .261% through 20 matches to go along with 11.76 kills, 10.98 assists, 2.48 blocks, 1.50 aces and 8.74 digs.
- On the offensive end for the Raiders, Dashaun Graham anchors the offense with a hit percentage of .359 with Grant Andler racking up 2.68 kills per set and David Smith tallying a team leading 158 kills.
- Dahnny Rogers leads the defensive attack in digs with 2.15 per set and 129 total digs, while Graham averaging 1.23 blocks, Cam Roth serving .30 aces and Garrett Bucklin averaging 9.74 assists.
- Rivier topped Emerson in both of last season's meetings back on March 16, 2017 and April 8, 2017.
SCOUTING THE SAINTS
- Emmanuel (Mass.) posts an overall record of 7-10 to go along with an even 2-2 record in GNAC play with its most recent 3-0 win coming over Emerson on March 17 in tri-match play.
- The Saints average 9.82 kills per set on a .167 hit percentage along with 9.03 assists, 1.33 blocks, 1.62 service aces and 11.82 digs.
- Pacing Emmanuel (Mass.) is Erik English, who has racked up 3.35 kills a set for a total of 201 kills to match a hit percentage of .167% and .37 aces per set, while John Carroll and Alex Silva lead the team with a hit percentage of .310.
- Following English is Max Gottuso, who has registered 2.90 digs a set and 171 total digs.
- Silva also leads the team with .75 blocks and Seamus McDonald contributes a team-leading 8.02 assists.
SCOUTING THE MUSTANGS
- 21 matches deep into the season, Mount Ida currently posts an overall record of 9-13 to match a 0-6 record in the GNAC.
- The most recent pair of losses for the Mustangs came back on Saturday where they were topped in a GNAC tri-match at Lasell and also faced Johnson & Wales (R.I.).
- Mount Ida averages 8.15 kills per set on a .110 hit percentage and has racked up 7.52 assists, 1.03 blocks, 2.22 assists and 8.90 digs.
- Brett Southworth powers the Mustangs on both side of the ball with 3.12 kills a set, along with .71 aces and 2.29 digs.
- Andre Foster leads the team with a .195 hit percentage, while Kevin Keohane averages 5.90 assists and Kevin Vanderhorst blocks .53 attacks per set.
- In the last meeting between Emerson and Mount Ida back on February 27, the Lions came away with the three-set sweep over the Mustangs.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS