Scoreboard: Emerson 3, Mount Ida 0
Emmanuel 3, Emerson 2
Schedule: Tuesday, March 27th, 2018l Emerson at Johnson & Wales (R.I.) 7:00pm l Live Stats
Thursday, March 29th, 2018 l Emerson at Lasell College 7:00pm l Live Stats
Saturday, March 31st, 2018 l Emerson vs Rivier, 12:00pm l
BOSTON – Coming off of a GNAC Tri-Match in which the Lions went 1-1, the Lions stare down another pair of GNAC Matchups against the Wildcats of Johnson and Wales (R.I.) and the Raiders of RIvier College.
THE WEEK THAT WAS
- The Lions split the Tri-Match, falling to Emmanuel in their first Match in five sets, with the final set going to 15-13.
- The Lions came back and defeated the Mustangs of Mount Ida 3-0 in their second match of the day.
EMERSON IN THE GNAC
- Libero Carl D'Aguiar currently leads the GNAC with 3.35 digs per set for the Lions.
- Co-Captain Nick Rusk is second in service aces per set with 0.53, followed closely by Mark Piorkowski who is in third with 0.49 aces per set.
- Freshman Marcus Cepeda is currently fifth in assists per set with 6.35.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS
- Johnson & Wales (R.I.) comes into the Match third in the GNAC with a 3-3 record and an overall record of 11-12.
- The Wildcats average 10.42 kills per set, 9.58 assists per set, 2.08 locks per set, 1.36 service aces per set, and 10.80 digs per set.
- Junior Defensive Specialist Alex Seda leads the team with 157 digs, while junior setter Cameron Ponce had 131 digs.
- Sophomore Sanjae Holloway leads the team with 174 kills on 491 total attacks.
- The Lions last regular season match will also be against the Wildcats on April 7. The match will be the second of the day for the Lions.
SCOUTING THE LASERS
- Lasell sits in fifth in the GNAC with a 3-4 conference record and a 6-16 overall record.
- Conor Leary-Watson leads the lasers with 128 kills over his 22 matches.
- Andy Henriquez has racked up 546 assists over his 21 matches played in, good for 7.69 assists per set.
- This will be the first of two matchups between the Lions and Lasers in a week, as the Lions will welcome the Lasers to Brown & Plofker Gym on Tuesday, April 3rd.
SCOUTING THE RAIDERS
- Rivier sits in first in the GNAC with a 9-0 conference record and an 18-6 overall record.
- Garrett Bucklin currently leads the GNAC conference and the Raiders with 702 assists on the season.
- David Smith currently leads the team with 201 kills in 71 sets played. Smith also has 108 digs on the season.
- Dahnny Rogers leads the Raiders with 163 digs, while Cam Roth is second on the team with 123.
- The Liosn fell to the Raiders 3-0 on March 20th.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS
- Stay updated on all things Emerson men's volleyball and follow the Lions on Twitter, Facebook at Emerson College Men's Volleyball, as well as on Instagram. Also be sure to tune into Emerson Channel Sports to catch the Lions in action and follow Emerson Athletics on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.