Overall: 10-10 (3-7 GNAC)
Scoreboard: Johnson & Wales (R.I.)* 3, Emerson 1 | Providence, R.I. | March 27, 2018
Lasell* 3, Emerson 2 | Newton, Mass. | March 29, 2018
Rivier* 3, Emerson 0 | Boston, Mass. | March 31, 2018
BOSTON - The Emerson men's volleyball makes its way into the final week of action after a busy GNAC filled week last week. The Lions will face the Lasell Lasers for the second time in less than a week on Tuesday in its last home game of 2018 at 7:00 p.m.. Then on Saturday, the Purple head onto the road for the final time for a tri-match at Regis (Mass.) where they will take on the Pride at 11 a.m. and then Johnson & Wales (R.I.) at 1:00 p.m.
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEK
- Emerson had a GNAC packed week last week with three matches at Johnson & Wales and Lasell before returning home on Saturday to face Rivier.
- The Lions fell 3-1 to the Wildcats to start the week on Tuesday night, followed by a tough 3-2 setback at Lasell on Thursday before falling in three sets to Rivier on Saturday afternoon.
EMERSON IN THE RANKINGS
- In the final week of March, four Lions from each class still remain in the top-5 of the GNAC in their respective categories including junior Mark Piorkowski (Montclair, N.J.), freshman Marcus Cepeda (Sacramento, Calif.), senior Nick Rusk and sophomore Carl D'Aguiar (Tujunga, Calif.).
- D'Aguiar, who still sits in the top spot with a GNAC leading 3.47 digs per set, also ranks third in the country among all NCAA Division 3 men's volleyball players.
- The sophomore has also racked up 208 total digs through 20 matches, which ranks him fifth in the conference.
- Piorkowski comes in the third slot with .45 service aces per set along with fourth in kills per set at 2.87.
- Rusk, who is entering his final trio of matches in a Lions uniform, sits second in service aces per set after serving up .48 a set.
- Cepeda rounds out the Lions leaders with a fifth-best 6.65 assists per set.
SCOUTING THE LASERS
- Lasell enters Tuesday's meeting with an overall record of 7-19 and are 4-7 in the GNAC after taking the sweep in tri-match play last Saturday to Emmanuel (Mass.) and Regis (Mass.).
- As a team, the Lasers have registered a .129 hitting percentage through 26 matches on 9.81 kills per set, 9.14 assists, 1.56 blocks, .95 aces and 11.70 digs.
- The Laser also hold a 1-9 record when they step away from Lasell and are 4-5 when on its home hardwood.
- Janci Soto leads the Lasers offense with a hit percentage of .226 while Conor Leary-Watson has recorded 1.84 kills a set.
- On the defensive end, Andy Henriquez has dished out 7.73 assists a set, a team-best .19 aces have come from David Anthony, along with 3.23 digs a set from Jordan Aprea and .69 blocks from Aaron Waitekus.
- In the last meeting between Emerson and Lasell last Thursday night in Newton, the Lasers edged out the Lions in five sets.
SCOUTING THE PRIDE
- Regis (Mass.) will be one of two teams Emerson will face in Saturday's tri-match with the Pride posting a record of 7-15 through 22 matches and a 2-9 GNAC record.
- The Pride downed Lasell in three sets before it dropped a 3-2 decision to Emmanuel (Mass.) on Saturday afternoon.
- As a team, Regis (Mass.) have recorded a hit percentage of .152% while they have registered 10.21 kills, 9.44 assists, 1.17 blocks, 1.27 and 9.80 digs per set.
- Jayson Vega anchors two categories with a .382 hit percentage and 7.28 assists, while Drew Beimal has dished out a team-high 2.78 kills a set.
- The Pride defense has Gueincy Clodomir pacing the attack with .40 aces a set, followed by 2.48 digs from Chris Fritta and Brett Krahl blocking .56 attacks a set.
- Emerson and Regis (Mass.) last met back at the start of March at Brown & Plofker and saw the Lions take down the Pride in straight sets.
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS
- Through 27 matches, the Wildcats of Johnson & Wales (R.I.) post an overall record of 14-13 with a 6-4 GNAC record after taking a tri-match split this past Saturday against Mount Ida and Wentworth.
- On a .213 hit percentage through 27 matches, the Wildcats have registered 10.58 kills a set to go along with 9.77 assists, 2.03 blocks, 1.35 aces and 10.79 digs.
- Josh Pitzer powers the Wildcats offense with a .535 hitting percentage as well as a team-high .90 blocks a set.
- Also leading the offense with 2.54 kills a set is Sanjae Holloway, while Cameron Ponce has dished out 5.68 assists along with .36 aces from Zach Turner and 2.76 digs a set from Alex Seda.
- Johnson & Wales and Emerson last met this past Tuesday night down in Providence where the Wildcats captured the four-set 3-1 victory over the Lions.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS