Score: Emerson 3, Lasell 0 (25-20, 25-22, 25-20)
Records: Emerson Lions (11-10, 4-8 GNAC) ; Lasell Lasers (7-20, 4-8 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018
The Lead: The Emerson Lions Men's Volleyball Team avenged a tough GNAC loss in five sets last week with a sweep of the Laser Lasers in three sets on Tuesday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In his last home game at Brown & Plofker Gym, Nick Rusk (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) led the Lions with 13 kills.
- Primary setter Marcus Cepeda (Sacramento, Calif.) had a great night, assisting on 35 kills for the Lions.
- Mark Piorkowski (Montclair, N.J.) and Win Kittivatcharapong (Bangkok, Thailand) held up the back end of the offense with 11 and six kills respectively.
- On the defensive end, Mark Piorkowski and Carl D'Aguiar (Tujunga, Calif.) each had strong games with 15 digs a piece.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first set was a back and forth affair, with no team leading by more than three points until Emerson pulled away at the end.
- Nick Rusk took the serve with a one point lead at 20-19, and was able to win the next three points for the Lions, with one service ace to open up the Lions lead to four.
- After trading points, the Lions grabbed the first set on a servece error by Lasell with a final score of 25-20.
- To start the second set the Lions fell behind 6-0, but turned it around quickly and won 10 of the next 13 points to take a 10-9 lead.
- The Lions opened up a 3 point lead and never surrendered that lead for the rest of the set, winning it 25-20.
- The Lions took the lead early in the lead, and built on it throughout the set.
- Emerson extended their lead to 7 at 20-13 and were able to close out the game and match with a final set score of 25-20.
- Emerson will travel to Regis College on Saturday for a two vital GNAC match against Regis and Johnson & Wales starting at 11:00am
- Lasell will take on the Mustangs of Mount Ida College in GNAC play on Thursday starting at 6:00pm.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS