Posted: Feb 28, 2019
Score: Wentworth 3, Emerson 0
Records: Emerson (8-3, 1-2 GNAC), Wentworth (8-4, 5-0 GNAC)
Date: February 28th, 2019
Location: Boston, Mass. (Tansey Gym)
BY THE NUMBERS
- Ryan Love of Wentwoth lead all players with 11 kills on just 17 total attacks. Love was tied for a game high in points with teammate Ryan Engel. Engel had eight kills, three blocks, and one assit.
- Emerson was led by Mark Piorkowski, who totaled eight of Emerson's 17 kills on the night.
- Jacob DiTore had five digs and one assist, while Josh Elliot and Lucas Raagas led the team in assists with eight and six respecticely.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wentworth started out strong, taking an eight point lead just 16 points into the match at 12-4. Emerson attempted to cut the lead, but the Leopards kept the Lions at bay.
- Wentworth closed out the set on a 5-0 run after Love took the serve, with Sean Spencer's kill winning the set for the Leopards, 25-10.
- The start of the second set was the same, with Wentworth opening up the same 12-4 lead after 16 points.
- Emerson had a stronger set, cutting the lead to seven at 19-12, but were unable to overcome the deficit. Wentworth took the second set 25-14.
- In the third set, Wentworth and Emerson went back and forth, with Wentworth holding a steady two point lead throughout the set. Wentworth opened up a four point lead late in the set, with a Piorkowski kill bringing the lead to three at 23-20 after
- Wentworth won two of the next three points to take the game 25-21, and the match 3-0.
- Emerson is off until after spring break, returning to action on on March 14th away from Brown & Plofker Gym against Emmanuel, starting at 7:00pm.