Game One Score: Emerson 8, Emmanuel 0
Game Two Score: Emerson 12, Emmanuel 4
Game One Pitching Decision: W - Neely Eddleston (8-1) l L - Megan Kiselback (4-4)
Game Two Pitching Decision: W - Erin Nolan (2-1) l L, Mikaela Montemagni (1-2)
Records: Emerson Lions (11-3, 1-1 NEWMAC) ; Emmanuel Saints (8-7, 3-1 GNAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
Date: Wednesday, March 28, 2018
The Lead: The Emerson Lions took both games of a inner city matchup with the Saints of Emmanuel College, improving their record of to 11-3 on the season.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS (Emerson 8, Emmanuel 0)
- Neely Eddleston (West Wareham, Mass.) earned her eighth win of the season for the Lions with a two hit shutout performance. Eddleston went five innings and struck out two batters.
- Megan Kielselback (Wethersfield, Conn.) picked up the loss for the Saints, going 3 1/3 innings allowing seven hits and six earned runs. She struck out three Lions.
- Lindsey Lowe (Porter Ranch, Calif.) hit her first home run of the season, while Jackie DeFusco (East Greenwich, R.I.) hit her second in the rout of the Saints.
- Kallista Leonardos (El Granada, Calif.) and Alena Jones (Woodinville, Wa.) each drove in two runs while Leonardos also scored two.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions struck first on a fly ball by Alena Jones which forced the left fielder into an error, plating.
- Lindsey Lowe scored again when she scorched a ball over the left field fence for her first home run of the season, extending the Lions lead to 2-0 in the bottom of the third.
- Jacqueline DeFusco followed up Lowe with a home run of her own, her second of the year, giving the Lions a 3-0 lead.
- The Lions loaded the bases in the bottom of the fourth, and a Kallista Leonardos single brought home Lindsey Lowe and Molly Goldstein.
- An Alena Jones double brought home Jacqueline DeFusco to extend the Lions lead to 7.
- Jillian Gearin (Hermosa Beach, Calif.) hit a sacrifice fly to deep center, scoring Kallista Leonardos from third base and giving the Lions an eight run lead.
- Neely Eddleston closed out the top of the fifth inning, activating the eight run rule and ended the game with a final score of 8-0.
GAME TWO (Emerson 12, Emmanuel 4)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Lindsey Lowe led the Lions with three RBIs while Kallista Leonardos and Jillian Gearin each had two.
- Lowe hit her second home run of the season and her second in the double header, a three run blast over the left field fence.
- The Lions scored 12 runs on 10 hits.
- Erin Nolan earned her second victory of the year with a five inning, five strikeout performance while only allowing one earned run.
- Mikaela Montemagni took the tough loss after being forced out of the game in the second inning due to injury.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions struck first on an infield single by Jacqueline DeFusco, bringing home Molly Goldstein.
- Kallista Leonardos followed it up with a single to right field which brought home Caroline Fortuna and Lindsey Lowe, giving the Lions a 3-0 lead.
- Alena Jones hit a single to the shortstop which brought home Jacqueline DeFusco, extending the Lions lead to 4-0 at the end of two innings.
- Emmanuel grabbed a run back in the top of the third inning on a bloop single by Sarah Hoisl which brought home Audrey Esakoff from second.
- Emmanuel grabbed another run on a bloop single to right field by Meghan Price which brought home Casey Sheehan and cut the Lions lead to 4-2.
- Jill Gearin singled to right field in the bottom of the fourth to bring home Jacqueline DeFusco and Kallista Leonardos.
- Maddie Tomich followed the single with a single of her own to left field, bringing home Gearin which extended the Lions lead to five at 7-2.
- A Molly Goldstein double brought home Maddie Tomic and gave the Lions an 8-2 lead.
- Micaela Dix scurried home on a wild pitch extending the Lions lead to 9-2.
- Lindsey Lowe scorched a home run over the left field fence for her second of the doubleheader. The Lions broke the game open at 12-3.