Overall: 8-12 (6-7 NEWMAC)
Scoreboard: Emerson 80, Clark 64 | Worcester, Mass. | January 31, 2018
Smith 65, Emerson 50 | Northampton, Mass. | February 3, 2018
Schedule: Tuesday, February 6 vs. Connecticut College, Boston, Mass., 7:00 p.m. | Live Stats
Thursday, February 8 vs. Lasell, Boston, Mass., 7:00 p.m. | Live Stats
Saturday, February 10 vs. Mount Holyoke*, Boston, Mass., 1:00 p.m. | Live Stats
BOSTON - Now into the February portion of its schedule, the Emerson women's basketball enters its final stretch of contests and takes a step out of NEWMAC play for a pair of midweek non conference tilts against Connecticut College and Lasell. The Lions will host the Camels on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. before the Lasers roll into Boston on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. Then on Saturday, the Lions jump back into NEWMAC action with a matchup against Mount Holyoke at 1:00 p.m.
A LOOK BACK ON THE WEEK
- Emerson split its pair of contests this past week and has an overall record of 8-11 and are 6-7 versus NEWMAC competition.
- The Lions picked up its sixth NEWMAC triumph last Wednesday night in a 80-64 win at Clark and saw freshman Sam Boyle (Scotts Valley, Calif.) contribute an overall game best 17 points with seven rebounds.
- On Saturday afternoon, the Lions could not take the series sweep over the Smith Pioneers as the Pioneers came out on top, 65-50, despite sophomore Quinn Madden (Mokena, Ill.) tallying 11 points off the bench.
LIONS IN THE NEWMAC
- On average, Emerson puts up 65.2 points per game with a field goal percentage of 39.8% through 20 games to go along with a 36.3 perimeter percentage and convert 63.2% of its shots on the free throw line.
- Within Emerson's season stat line, the Lions have also collected 35.3 boards per contest and 15.7 assists.
- The Purple have four players on its roster representing in the top-10 of NEWMAC categories, including S. Boyle, juniors Charlie Boyle (Scotts Valley, Calif.) and Natalie Busch (Weybridge, England) and senior Maya Savino (Killingworth, Conn.).
- On the perimeter, Busch and Savino take the fourth and eighth spots with Busch in fourth (43.6%) and Savino sitting in the eighth spot (38.9%).
- C. Boyle sits in the top-10 in two NEWMAC categories including seventh in free throw percentage (76.3%) and sixth with an average of 1.1 blocks per game.
- S. Boyle follows her sister in blocks per game as she averages .8 blocks and lands in the eighth spot.
SCOUTING THE CAMELS
- The Camels of Connecticut College will be the first non-conference matchup since the start of 2018 and come to Boston holding a 13-7 overall record and are 3-5 in NESCAC play.
- Connecticut College is coming off its most recent loss last Saturday afternoon where they were edged out, 52-50, by Trinity (Conn.).
- On average, the Camels can 65.8 points per game and shoot 41.7% from the field to go with a three-point percentage of 35.8% and 72.0% free-throw percentage and also collect 36.4 rebounds per game and 13.8 assists.
- Pacing the Camels on the offense end is Mairead Hynes, who cans 15.7 points per game shooting 52.0% from the field.
- Meggie Corcoran leads the Camels on the boards with 6.3 rebounds, while Kylie Caouette is credited with 2.4 steals per game and Dana Muckstadt blocks 1.0 shots per contest.
- In the last meeting between Emerson and Connecticut College back on December 6, 2016, the Lions came out on top over the Camels in a 63-57 win at Brown & Plofker.
SCOUTING THE LASERS
- Lasell have posted a 3-16 record through 19 games to go along with a 1-11 record within the GNAC.
- The Lasers most recent contest came back on Saturday at Albertus Magnus and fell by the score of 66-47.
- Putting up 47.6 points per game, Lasell holds a shooting percentage of 28.6% and are 33.0% on the perimeter with a 57.5% at the free-throw line, as well as pulling down 38.3 rebounds and are credited with 8.9 assists.
- Morgan Church anchors Lasell offensively with 18.5 points per game (36.3 FG%) as well as on the defensive end, averaging 3.1 assists per game and 1.8 blocks.
- Dana Ross leads the Lasers on the boards with 8.7 rebounds and is tied with Devyn Markland for a team-best .6 blocks per contest.
- The last time Emerson and Lasell met was back on December 10, 2016 at Lasell where the Lions came away with the 51-40 win.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
- This will be the second meeting between Mount Holyoke and Emerson as the Lyons hold an overall record of 0-20 and are 0-11 against NEWMAC opponents.
- The Lyons' most recent setback came at the hands of Wellesley last Saturday by the score of 79-18.
- Before the Lyons head to Boston on Saturday, they will face MIT on Wednesday night.
- Mount Holyoke averages 33.8 points a game and are shooting 27.0% from the field to go along with a three-point percentage of 17.4% and 55.0% on the charity line.
- The Lyons stat line also consists of an average of 29.9 rebounds per game and are credited with 5.0 assists.
- Katlyn Grover paces the Lyons with 12.6 points per game, while Leah Hodges has racked up a 32.7 field goal percentage.
- Kate Rawson leads the way for Mount Holyoke on the board with 7.2 rebounds a game, GraceAnne Woods averages .6 blocks and Raquel Fitzpatrick rounds out the stat leaders with 1.6 assists and 1.5 steals.
- Emerson and Mount Holyoke last met on the hardwood back on January 9 in South Hadley, Mass. as the Lions cruised past the hosts, 89-35.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS