Women's Basketball vs. Wentworth
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Boston, Mass. | Brown & Plofker Gym
BOSTON, Mass. - The Emerson women's basketball team gears up for its last tilt before the holiday break on Tuesday night and welcome in the Wentworth Leopards for a non conference slate set for an 8:00 p.m. tip-off.
LOOK BACK AT LAST WEEK
- Last week saw Emerson stay at Brown & Plofker for a three contests that included a meeting against crosstown foe Suffolk before hosting its Tip Off Tournament to put its overall record at 2-2 through four games.
- Monday night was the Lions' home opener against the visiting Rams, who were able to half the Lions' comeback for a 68-62 setback despite the Lions erasing a 27-point deficit.
- The weekend saw the Lions host its annual Tip Off Tournament where they played host to three schools including Mass. - Boston, Dean and Keuka College.
- Emerson grabbed a 74-71 comeback triumph over Dean on the opening day of tournament play with the help of career setting days for both senior Charlie Boyle (Scotts Valley, Calif.) and sophomore Ashley Toner (Barnegat, N.J.).
- The Lions had yet another comeback cut short in the championship game against Mass. - Boston on Sunday afternoon and fell 66-61 to the Beacons.
TONER NAMED LION OF THE WEEK
- For the week of competition ranging from November 12 to 19, Toner garnered Lion of the Week recognition for the pivotal role she played in Saturday's win over Dean.
- The sophomore drained a career best 15 points on a perfect 3-for-3 day beyond the perimeter with two game tying triples, including the game winner with three minutes in regulation.
- Toner has racked up double figure showings in the Lions first three games and currently sits in the seventh spot in the NEWMAC with a three-point percentage of 53.5%.
SCOUTING THE LEOPARDS
- Wentworth enters Tuesday's matchup posting an overall record of 0-4 with its most recent loss coming in a 76-48 setback to Wheaton (Mass.) this past Saturday.
- The Leopards average 43.8 points per game on a field goal percentage of 43.8% and convert 13.4% of its shots from downtown and make 64.4% from the charity line.
- 2017 saw Wentworth finish with an overall record of 2-23 and were 1-17 against Commonwealth Coast Conference opponents.
- Emerson and Wentworth last met in the early stages of 2017-2018 with the Lions traveling back across town with a 71-67 overtime win over the Leopards on November 27, 2017.
- The all-time series record between the teams sits at an even 17-17 with Emerson taking the last three meetings dating back to November 16, 2013.
- Wentworth posts two players with double digits in points per game with Erin Morton leading the way with 13.3 followed by Stephanie Mini at 12.8 points a game.
- Morton has a team best field goal percentage of 51.4% to go with a her 3.3 assists a game.
- Mini paces Wentworth at the free throw line at 68.2% and defensively co-leads with Emily Magasic averaging 1.5 takeaways.
- Michelle McClosky, who leads Wentworth in the rebounds column at 6.0 a game, also ties with Mini with .8 blocks.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS