Score: Emerson 79, Mount Holyoke 36
Records: Emerson Lions (9-6, 4-3 NEWMAC) ; Mount Holyoke Lyons (0-15, 0-7 NEWMAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Brown & Plofker Gym)
Date: Saturday, January 12th, 2019
The Lead: Senior Forward and Captain Charlie Boyle (Scotts Valley, Calif.) scored her 1000th point in an Emerson Lion uniform helping the Lions to a 79-36 victory over Mount Holyoke on Saturday.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Boyle scored her 14th point on an and-one in the fourth quarter, Converting the free throw to give her 15 points and seven rebounds on the day. Boyle is the fifth person in program history to eclipse the 1000 point mark.
- Sam Boyle paced all Lions with 17 points, scoring on 6-8 shots from the field and 3-4 three pointers.
- All five starters for Emerson scored in double figures, with Ashley Toner (Barnegat, N.J.) scoring 12. Natalie Clydesdale (Pittsburgh, Penn.) and Kate Foultz ( Thousand Oaks, Calif.) each scored 10 for the Lions.
- Every player who took part in the game for Emerson scored at least one point.
- Mount Holyoke had two players in double figures, with Leah Hodges (New Haven, Conn.) scoring 16 to lead the Lyons. Hodges added none rebounds, two steals, and one assist.
- Annikka Brooks scored 10 points in 10 minutes of game time, adding 5 rebounds and one steal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emerson never trailed in the game, taking the lead early on an S. Boyle three pointer.
- Clydesdale added another three pointer to cap a 10-2 opening run and give the Lions an 8 point lead.
- The Lions scored the next six points and took a 16-4 lead with 3:41 remaining in the first quarter.
- The Boyle sisters took over the second quarter, scoring all of the points for Emerson before Julia Mallon (Katonah, N.Y.) converted a three pointer with 31 seconds remaining in the half to give Emerson a 40-18 lead at the break.
- Emerson extended their lead to 30 by outscoring Mount Holyoke 17-9 in the third frame, bringing the score to 57-27.
- With just over seven minutes remaining in the final quarter, Charlie Boyle scored on a layup to give her 1000 points. Boyle converted on the field goal to give her 1001 on her career, finishing the game with 15.
- The Lions saw out the game, finishing with a final score of 79-36.
- Emerson stays at home and welcomes Fisher College in an out of conference match-up on Wednesday at 7:00pm.
- Mount Holyoke will also play out of conference on Monday, taking on Green Mountain at 7:00pm.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS