Score: Bridgewater St. 19, Emerson 5
Records: Emerson Lions (0-3) ; Bridgewater St. (3-1)
Location: Englewood, Fla.
Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
The Lead: A slow start for the Lions showed them their third straight loss to start the season, falling to Bridgewater St. 19-5.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Gabby Reinold and Hayley White each scored four goals for the Bears.
- Elizabeth Ettridge scored three goals, while Emily Hill and Lacey Denning each scored two.
- The Lions were outshot by the 25-8.
- For the Lions, Sophia Gripari (London, U.K.) tallied two goals on four shots.
- Lily Nelson (Harrington Park, N.J.), Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.), and Emily Quinn (Dartmouth, Mass.) each had one goal.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions quickly fell behind 2-0 as the Bears scored two goals in the first 1:30 of the game.
- The Lions roared back a minute later on a Sophia Gripari goal, cutting the lead to 2-1.
- Bridgewater St. scored eight unanswered goals, extending their lead to 10-2 with eight minutes remaining in the first half.
- Sophie Gripari scored her second goal from a free position spot with 7:16 left on the clock in the first half.
- The Bears scored three more unanswered goals to end the half, making the score 13-2 at the break.
- Emerson scored the first goal in the second half with Emily Quinn finding the back of the net with 24:14 left in the game.
- Lily Nelson and Jenny Tomsky both scored unassisted goals between the Bridgewater St. goals.
- The game ended with a final score of 19-5 in favor of the Bears.
- The Lions will return home and take on the Wildcats of JOhnson & Wales (RI) on Wednesday at Rotch Field at 7PM.
- Bridgewater St. will take on MIT on their home turf on Wednesday, March 14th at 7PM.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS