Score: Smith 15, Emerson 12
Records: Emerson Lions (0-10, 0-4 NEWMAC) ; Smith College Pioneers (7-4, 2-3 NEWMAC)
Location: Northampton, Mass.
Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018
The Lead: The Emerson Lions dropped a tough matchup against the Pioneers of Smith College 15-12 in regulation on Saturday.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Using strong shot selection, Smith put 35 of 37 shots on target in the game.
- Smith out shot the Lions 37-21 total.
- Kristina Modica (East Moriches, N.Y.) tallied 20 saves between the goalposts for the Lions.
- Smith was perfect on clears (14-14) while Emerson only missed on two (12-14)
- Tara Windsor (Palm City, Fla.) and Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) each scored four goals for the Lions.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions and Pioneers traded the first six goals and the score was tied at three after 10 minutes.
- Smith scored the next five goals to take an 8-3 lead.
- Emerson roared back to cut the lead to 9-6 at halftime.
- Coming out of the half, the Lions scored the next three goals to tie the game at nine a piece.
- The Pioneers ran off a five goal run to take a 14-9 lead.
- Emerson scored three more goals to Smith's one, but were unable to overcome the deficit.
- The Lions lost with a final score of 15-12.
- The Lions will welcome the Engineers of MIT to Rotch field on Wednesday, April 18th.
- Smith takes on Wheaton on Wednesday, April 18th.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS
- Stay updated on all things Emerson women's lacrosse and follow the Lions on Twitter, Facebook at Emerson Women's Lacrosse, as well as on Instagram. Also be sure to tune into Emerson Channel Sports to catch the Lions in action and follow Emerson Athletics on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.