Score: MIT 16, Emerson 4
Records: Emerson Lions (0-11, 0-5 NEWMAC) ; MIT Engineers (8-5, 4-1 NEWMAC)
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field)
Date: Wednesday, April 18th, 2018
The Lead: Kelli Mark led the Lions with a hat trick of goals against the Engineers of MIT in a NEWMAC matchup on Wednesday night.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emerson's Kelli Mark (Hermosa Beach, Calif.) paced the Lions wit three of four goals scored, while Senior Tara Windsor had the other for the Lions.
- Emily Young paced the Engineers with six goals nad two assists, scoring on six of eight shots she took.
- Ana Flooks had five assists for the Engineers to go along with her one goal.
- Kristina Modica made eight saves on 24 shots faced while Eva Boal made four saves for the Engineers earning the victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- MIT came out firing in the first half, scoring five goals in the first six minutes of play.
- Over the next fifteen minutes, the Engineers added five more goals to give MIT a 11-0 lead.
- The Lions grabbed a goal back through Kelli Mark with eight minutes remaning in the first half.
- EMerson grabbed three goals back in the second half, two by Mark and one by Windsor.
- The game ended with a final score of 16-4 MIT.
- Emerson welcomes the Beavers of Babson College to Rotch Field on Saturday at 1:00pm for a NEWMAC matchup.
- MIT welcomes Wheaton College to Crambridge on Saturday at 11:00am for a NEWMAC matchup.
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS