Score: Becker 13, Emerson 6
Records: Emerson College (0-1); Becker College (2-0)
Location: Boston, Mass (Rotch Field)
Date: Saturday, March 16, 2019
The Lead: The Emerson Women's Lacrosse Team fell to the Becker College Hawks in their opening game of the season, 13-6 at Rotch Field.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Clare Conway of Becker paced all players, scoring four goals and assisting on five more of the Hawks' goals.
- Julia Ravenelle contributed three goals while Cassandra Nelson added two.
- Kelli Mark (Hermosa Beach, Calif.) scored two goals while Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) , Julia Mallon (Katonah, N.Y.), Camille Mumford (Yardley, Penn.), and Julia Burns (Rockville Center, N.Y.) each scored one for the Lions.
- Nikolle Storey earned her second win of the season for Becker, making 13 saves while Elizabeth Fretz shouldered the loss for Emerson, making 10 saves.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Becker scored four of the first five goals, with Mark's first goal coming after the first two for the Hawks.
- Becker added two more before Tomsky's goal cut the lead to four at 6-2.
- Becker added three more before halftime, with Clare Conway scoring a goal with just over five minutes remaining in the first half.
- Mark's second goal opened the scoring in the second half, cutting the lead to six at 9-3.
- Becker scored two more before Mumford's goal at 19:42 in the second half.
- Mallon scored her first collegiate goal with 13:36 remaining, and Burns scored with 6:42 remaining in the game.
- The game ended with a final score of 13-6.
- Emerson gets back in action on Monday, taking on the Lasell Lasers in the make-up game from February 27th.