Score: Coast Guard 21, Emerson 4
Records: Emerson (0-3, 0-1 NEWMAC) ; Coast Guard (2-7, 1-1 NEWMAC)
Goalie Decisions: W: Mary Budri (2-6) ; L Elizabeth Fretz (0-3)
Date: March 30th, 2019
Location: New London, Conn. (Cadet Memorial Field)
The Lead: Camille Mumford (Yardley, Penn.) assisted on two goals and scored one while Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) scored two for the Lions, who fell in their first NEWMAC contest to the Coast Guard Academy Bears.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Emerson was led by Camille Mumford and Jenna Tomsky, with Mumford scoring one and assisting two while Tomsky scored two.
- Elizabeth Fretz (Falls Church. Va.) made four saves in 60 minutes of game time for the Lions.
- Mary Budri got the win in net for the Bears, going just under 19 minutes.
- Carter Sanderson assisted on five Coast Guard goals while Katherine Pittman and Etta Davis tied for a game high four goals each.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Coast Guard opened up the scoring just under two minutes into the game through Etta Davis, with the goal assisted by Luisa Santos.
- The Bears scored the next nine goals, putting the Lions down 10-0 with 16 minutes remaining in the first half.
- Emerson grabbed one back through an unassisted goal by Camille Mumford at 14:25 remaining in the first half.
- Coast guard tacked on two more before the Lions came back and scored three straight. Tomsky scored a pair with Julia Mallon (Katonah. N.Y.) scoring one in between Tomsky's two goals. Mumford assisted on Tomsky's first and Mallon's goal, while Tomsky's second was unassisted.
- Coast Guard added two goals late in the first half, bringing the lead to 10 at 14-4 entering the break.
- In the second half, Coast Guard controlled the game, adding seven more goals to their tally, finishing the game with a final score of 21-4.
- The Lions get back in action next Saturday when the welcome Wheaton (Mass.) to Rotch Field with a game starting at 6:00pm.