Score: Wheaton (Mass.) 19, Emerson 6
Records: Emerson (0-4, 0-2 NEWMAC) ; Coast Guard (4-6, 2-0 NEWMAC)
Goalie Decisions: W: Jena Casman (4-5) ; L Elizabeth Fretz (0-4)
Date: April 6th, 2019
Location: Boston, Mass. (Rotch Field.)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Kelli Mark (Hermosa Beach, Calif.) scored a hat trick for the Lions, connecting on three of five of her shots on goal.
- Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) scored two goals while Camille Mumford (Yardley, Penn.) added one.
- Kyra Schwartzman scored four goals for Wheaton while Lily Callahan added three for the Lions.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wheaton jumped out to an early lead, scoring the first three goals of the match.
- Emerson grabbed one back through Mark at 24:45 left in the first half.
- Wheaton rattled off five more goals in the next eight minutes before Mumford found the back of the net on a free position shot with 16:19 remaining.
- Wheaton closed out the half on a 6-1 run, with Emerson's goal coming on Mark's second goal of the game with just over twelve minutes remaining in the half.
- The second half saw three runs, with Wheaton scoring the first two goals in three minutes.
- Emerson scored the next three goals in a three minute span, with Tomsky scoring her two goals within a minute and a half of each other before mark added one less than two minutes later.
- Wheaton scored three more goals to close out the game at 19-6.
- The Lions have a quick turnaround and will get back in action at Rotch Field on Monday when they welcome Curry at 6:00pm.