Score: MIT 25, Emerson 6
Records: Emerson Lions (0-8, 0-5 NEWMAC) ; MIT Engineers (7-7, 4-1 NEWMAC)
Date: April 17th, 2019
Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Jack Barry Field)
The Lead: The Emerson Lions Women's Lacrosse fell to the MIT Enginers in New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference on Wednesday, despite a hat trick from Junior Camille Mumford (Yardley, Penn.)
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Mumford scored a hat trick in less than three minutes in the second half, putting all three goals into the net between 21:32 and 18:11.
- Julia Mallon (Katonah, N.Y.) added two goals for the Lions while Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) had one and Kelli Mark (Hermosa Beach, Calif.) had one assist.
- MIT was led by Eva Then who had eight goals for the Engineers, while two players scored four.
- Ana Looks tallied 10 assists in the victory for MIT.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- MIT scored the first four goals of the game before Mallon broke the streak with her first goal.
- MIT went on a 8 goal run before Tomsky's goal stopped it, bringing the score to 12-2.
- The Engineers closed out the half on a five goal streak, taking a 17-2 lead into the break.
- Emerson scored four of the first six goals of the half, with Mallon's second goals splitting up the two MIT goals before Mumford's hat trick.
- MIT tacked on more goals to bring the final score to 25-6 in favor of the Engineers.
- Emerson gets back in action on Saturday, traveling to take on the Babson Beavers at 12:00pm.