Score: Babson 25, Emerson 4
Records: Emerson Lions (09, 0-6 NEWMAC) ; Babson Beavers (10-5, 6-0 NEWMAC)
Location: Babson Park, Mass. (MacDowell Field)
Date: Saturday, April 20th, 2019
The Lead: Kelli Mark (Hermosa Beach, Calif.) scored two goals and assisted on one more as the Lions fell to the Babson Beavers on Saturday.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Kelli Mark led the Lions with two goals, with both scored as unassisted. Mark added one assist to tally three points.
- Jenna Tomsky (Clinton, N.J.) and Lily Nelson each added one goal for the Lions.
- Babson was paced by Lexi Lenaghan who had six goals. Coco Creedon added four while Riley Buonagurio had three.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Babson tallied the first two goals before Nelson put on past Babson's goalie to cut Babson's lead to 2-1 just over three minutes into the game.
- The Beavers broke off a 10-0 run following the Lions goal, taking a 12-1 lead 15 minutes into the game.
- Tomsky's goal at 12:59 stopped the run, which gave Emerson a 10 goal deficit.
- Babson tacked on six goals to close out the half, leading 18-2 after one frame.
- The Beavers scored the first six goals of the second half before Mark scored two consecutive unassisted goals. Babson added one more to finish the game at 25-4.
- The Lions return home to take on the Wellesley Blue at 4:00pm.