Overall: 3-7-2 (3-3 NEWMAC)
Wheaton (Mass.) 2, Emerson 1 | Boston, Mass. | October 10, 2017
Wellesley 2, Emerson 0 | Boston, Mass. | October 14, 2017
Tuesday, October 17 at Coast Guard, New London, Conn., 7:00 p.m. | Live Stats
BOSTON - Coming off a week that consisted of a pair of NEWMAC home contests against Wheaton (Mass.) and Wellesley, the Emerson women's soccer team embark on a three-game conference road trip starting on Tuesday night. Emerson starts the road trip off down in New London, Conn. at Coast Guard in a 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday. Then on Saturday morning, the Lions travel to Babson for an 11:30 a.m. game.
LOOKING BACK AT THE WEEK
- Emerson was blanked in its pair of home NEWMAC contests to put their overall record at 3-7-2 and hold a 3-3 conference record.
- Despite a goal by junior Alexandra Levin (Glen Ellyn, Ill.) to put Emerson on top 1-0 in the 33rd minute of the first half, Wheaton tacked on two goals to push the Lyons to a 2-1 win last Tuesday.
- The Lions wrapped up home play against the visiting Wellesley Blue and were blanked, 2-0, on Saturday afternoon.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Through 14 games, Coast Guard has an overall record of 7-7 to match a NEWMAC record of 3-4 coming off a 2-1 setback against MIT this past Saturday.
- The last meeting between Emerson and Coast Guard came back on October 22, 2016, as the Bears edged out the Lions, 1-0, at home.
- Claire Hurley paces the Coast Guard offense and has registered five goals and a pair of assists for 12 points.
- In the net for the Bears is Rachel Boohar, who has started all 14 games and has allowed 19 goals and turned away 68 shots for a goals against average of 1.43 and save percentage of .782 within 1191+ minutes.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
- The host Babson Bears have a record of 6-6-2 to match a 3-1-2 conference record and have a three-game win streak going coming off a 2-1 win this past Saturday at Smith.
- Babson leads the all-time series, 4-0, dating back to 2013 and took a 3-1 win over Emerson back on October 18, 2016.
- Leading the Babson offense is Kathryn Clark, who has posted four goals and four assists for 12 points and is followed by Emma Dinnen with five goals for 10 points.
- In between the pipes for all 14 games, the Beavers is Maddison Gierschick, having manned the goal for 1334+ minutes and has allowed 23 goals (1.55 GAA) with 100 saves (.813 save %).
STAY LIVE WITH THE LIONS
• Stay updated on the Emerson women's soccer team and follow the Lions on Twitter @emersonwsoccer and Facebook Emerson College Women's Soccer. Also be sure to tune into Emerson Channel Sports to watch games live!