Score: Trinity 5, Emerson 0
Records: Emerson Lions (4-3) ; Trinity Bantams (2-3)
Date: September 19, 2018
Location: Hartford, Conn. (Trinity Soccer Field)
The Lead: The Emerson women's soccer team fell to the Bantams of Trinity College on Wednesday night in non-conference play.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Lions fell behind early in the match, with the first goal for Trinity coming just 11 minutes into the first half. Whitney Hoban (Winnetka, Ill.) headed a ball back across the frame to Tricia Pollock (Beverly, Mass.) who slotted home to open the scoring.
- Trinity extended their lead in the 30th minute before adding another in quick succession in the 32nd minute to open up a 3-0 lead.
- The Bantams added one more goal just two minutes into the second half to open up the score at 4-0.
- Trinity scored it's final goal just ten minutes later, and the game ended with a final score of 5-0.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Megan Rose (Danville, Ill.) made six saves on 11 shots on goal faced for Emerson.
- Emerson totaled six shots with two on target against the stingy Trinity defense.
- Trinity had 21 total shots and six corners throughout both halves.
- Emerson returns home to take on the Springfield Pride in a New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) clash on Saturday, September 22 at 1:00pm.
- Trinity returns to the pitch on Saturday for an 11 a.m. New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) tilt versus the Colby College Mules.